Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Empires Collector's Ed. DVD

Hello.

I have bought subj. which includes AoE + Exp. + AoE II + Exp.
    A-Ray says that the DVD is SecuROM 7.00.00.0003 protected, so I used Alcohol to make an image with DPM (Normal @ 2x).
    But when I mount the image using Daemon and try to start the game, I get the following error: Please insert the original disc instead of a backup. I have tried with an dwithout YASU without any luck :-(
    Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance
    Skull

You need high precision (click on link in my signature).
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      You need high precision (click on link in my signature).
      Oh happy days ! That worked :-)
      Thanks a lot.

Can you help me with Rainbow Six Vegas as well ?
      Or even better: Let me know how to figure out which settings to use for which games ?

--
      Skull

Comment

a-ray is way old too, version reported is very wrong...
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
          a-ray is way old too, version reported is very wrong...
          Ok - What should I use instead ?
          And what about Rainbow Six Vegas ?

--
          Skull

Comment

Use ProtectionID.

Use the same settings for Vegas.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Use ProtectionID.
              Use the same settings for Vegas.
              I tried that - Unfortunately with no luck. Is there a 'magic' sequence in which I have to start DT, mount the image and start YASU (or something else)?

--
              Skull

Comment

You get the same error, dont you?

Also you have to use latest YASU (yasu.copybase.ch).
                Peace Through Power

Comment

You get the same error, dont you?
                  Also you have to use latest YASU (yasu.copybase.ch).
                  Yes, I get the same error.
                  Downloading the latest YASU didn't change matters :-(

I have also tried to physicaly disconnect my only DVD-Drive.

--
                  Skull

Comment

"Please insert the original disc instead of a backup." means that your image is bad. Y.A.S.U won't help you in this case. try to recreate the image (extract DPM with high accuracy and at maximum speed). if this doesn't work your DVD drive is probably unable to extract a good DPM (don't ask me why the other disc worked ).
                    did you check the quality of your DPM? use the MDS-Viewer therefore!

Comment

Originally Posted by xileF1337 View Post
                      if this doesn't work your DVD drive is probably unable to extract a good DPM (don't ask me why the other disc worked ).
                      did you check the quality of your DPM?
                      It doesn't work :-(
                      It worked once, but the game crashed and I haven't been able to start it since.
                      I have tried with some other games and they work just fine...

I tried MDS Viewer and the graph looks like an U shifted a little to the right and the top-left part is a little fuzzy. What should a good MDS look like ?

I realy appreciate you efforts here :-)

--
                      Skull

Comment

What should a good MDS look like ?
                        On normal DVDs it should look like the left halve of an 'U' (a falling curve. It looks like the function f(x)=|x^-2| if you like maths ). But in your case it looks like a streched 'U' becouse your original DVD is a double-layered disc (the rising curve is the second layer).
                        The graph should not be fuzzy. The more fuzzy it is, the worse is the quality of your DPM.
                        I think you problem is that your drive can't extract proper DPMs from double-layered discs corrrectly. Supposeably using another one (e.g. use your burner) or upgrading the firmware of your current drive will solve your problem. You could also search the internet for a proper MDS data.

Comment

Ok, thanks for explanation and the math :-)

I tried to make the image on my second computer which is exactly identical (I bought two at the same time). And now I got a working copy As I said, I bought two identical computers at the same time, and the second one has an exact cloned hard disk from the first one, so I have no idea why it works on one computer and not the other one

Re. Searching for a good MDS: Am I getting this straight that my first, non-working, copy could have worked if I just found a good MDS? And I could have saved all this trouble?

Well, it works now and I really appreciate your help

--
                          Skull

Comment

Am I getting this straight that my first, non-working, copy could have worked if I just found a good MDS? And I could have saved all this trouble?
                            Yeah Reading the files on the disc is no problem for DVD-(+)DL-drives, but some optical devices can't extract a good DPM (with an unfuzzy graph ). So downloading an mds file which contains a working DPM would had solved your problem, too.

Well, it works now and I really appreciate your help.
                            No problem dude

PS: The domain of the graph is X≥0

Comment

Just to add on the math side, |x^-2|=x^-2 whatever the x' value in R* (not true if x is complex)
                              Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                              X