Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GothicII

Howdie folks ;>

Does anybody know how to make an uncurrupted image file of GothicII?.
    As I made it with CloneCD, Alcohol120%, BlindRead or even ********2,
    it hadn't worked. Beein tryin to install it over the Daemon-Tools, knowing that it wouldn't work anyway, it prooves the last (3rd) CD and says that the cd is corrupted. As i tried to scan it with ClonyXXL, it doesn't even recognize the protection ;_;. PLZ help!!! thx:>

Oh, sry for my bad english :>
    DON\'T STEP ON GRASS, SMOKE IT!!!

I made a working copy of Gothic 2 german.
    For disc 1 & 2 i used ClonCD cause the are only need to install the game.
    I copied the Playdisc CD3 this way:
    I tried both ******** & Alcohol 120% an both worked u just have to activate the DPM mode.
    Now uґve got an image that u can mount with daemon and play.
    Note u can burn the image but than it wonґt work anymore without a crack.

Comment

ClonyXXL not recognizing the protection:

...might be caused by protection not applied to the game.exe but to some other file(type) like with Aquanox 2: not the "Aquanox 2 Revelation.exe" is protected but the AN2.dat.

You might want to read this thread to find out how to scan for the exact copy protection version.

Sergei
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Thx guys :P
        DON\'T STEP ON GRASS, SMOKE IT!!!

Comment

I just got the german version of Gothic 2 and found no copy protection altough there has obviously been some kind of copy protection like SecuROM v4.8x applied on disc 3.

If you hold a CD at an angle into the light, it will shine in all rainbow colors. If you look closely and compare disc 3 and disc 1/2, you will notice a difference: on disc 3, you can see lines on the disc (I think it's the data stream) which reflect the light a bit differently - so it will look structured, much like a vinyl LP (just much finer of course). On disc 1/2, you won't find this structure. Compare some other discs (some with and some without SecuROM v4.8x) and you will see that this is only the case with CDs protected by SecuROM v4.8x or similar.

Does anyone know how to get the exact version of the used SecuROM for Gothic 2? Damn, it's annoying to not be able to find that out... :evil:

Sergei
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by Sergei.Gradski
            Does anyone know how to get the exact version of the used SecuROM for Gothic 2? Damn, it's annoying to not be able to find that out... :evil:
            Sergei
            Hi,

Gothic2 is Securom 4.84.xx.xxxx, i don't know the exact version number because they wrapped the original securom layer into another cryption layer. Venom found out how to get a look at the origal layer and how to avoid the blacklisting of Alcohol they implemented there, so thanks to venom for the info about that.

Sloopy_DE
            Attention! - Please ignore this signature.

Comment

Working...
            X