Originally Posted by KoRn View Post
        I'm very sorry
        but I don't have any
        new ideas at the
        moment.
        Maybe another user
        can help you out.
        thx for ur help
        maybe it is the problem of my hardware..?
        is there anyway to check is it my hardware's problem?

Comment

it's not your hardware, it's a windows problem caused by YASU, i've encountered an almost identical problem and am yet to solve it (but the drives work perfectly fine under knoppix which is why i know it's not a hardware issue).

Am i correct in assuming any blank discs give you the size "0 bytes" and your burner software does recognize the drives?

Comment

Originally Posted by Count View Post
            it's not your hardware, it's a windows problem caused by YASU, i've encountered an almost identical problem and am yet to solve it (but the drives work perfectly fine under knoppix which is why i know it's not a hardware issue).
            Am i correct in assuming any blank discs give you the size "0 bytes" and your burner software does recognize the drives?
            the burner software recognizes the dirves... but i m not sure will blank discs give me the 0 bytes size, because when i double click the drive, it asks me to inset a disc...

Comment

See my post here:

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
                my case is different - my drive can't even detect the blank disc i put into it. when i double click on the drive, the message" please insert a dise" is shown instead.

Comment

Originally Posted by coolewong
                  maybe it is the problem of my hardware..?
                  is there anyway to check is it my hardware's problem?
                  A simple way is to use a diskette to run DOS with a DVD drive driver, and try to read a DVD.

What is your DVD drive? You may go to its web site to get the driver, or alternatively you may go to Asustek's site, enter the download page, look for an old CD drive and get the driver.

By the way, have you tried updating the VIA Hyperion Pro driver?

Comment

Originally Posted by coolewong View Post
                    my case is different - my drive can't even detect the blank disc i put into it. when i double click on the drive, the message" please insert a dise" is shown instead.
                    If it wasn't able to read anything from the disc, and it couldn't detect that the disc was writable, that message could still come up.

Comment

Please try to switch off the Windows CD/DVD recording function. (In Windows Explorer, right-click on the drive, select properties and the right page, and untick the appropriate option.) (My Windows is Chinese, so I am not sure about the terms in English.)

Comment

Originally Posted by MaLing View Post
                        Please try to switch off the Windows CD/DVD recording function. (In Windows Explorer, right-click on the drive, select properties and the right page, and untick the appropriate option.) (My Windows is Chinese, so I am not sure about the terms in English.)
                        i dun rly get wwt r u talkin abt... i m usin chinese windows too. plz feel free to use chinese for those terms

Comment

One way to check whether ur dvd drive is working, remove it and fixed it up in another computer (from ur friends). If its work perfectly then its something wrong with ur computer setting, if not then ur dvd drive is spoilt. Hope this helps.

Comment

One way is to remove ur dvd drive and fix it up in another computer(from friends) to check whether ur dvd drive still functioning. If its not then ur dvd drive is spoilt, or else its ur computer setting.

Comment

Originally Posted by coolewong View Post
                              i dun rly get wwt r u talkin abt... i m usin chinese windows too. plz feel free to use chinese for those terms
                              開啟「檔案總管」,假設你的燒錄機代號是D,在D上按滑鼠右鍵,選「內容」,再選「燒錄」那一頁,取消「啟 用燒錄功能」。
                              Translation:
                              Open Windows Explorer, suppose your writer is D:, right-click on D:, choose Properties, then choose Record page, cancel Switch On Recording Function.
                              Last edited by MaLing; 21.08.2007, 16:34.

Comment

Originally Posted by MaLing View Post
                                開啟「檔案總管」,假設你的燒錄機代號是D,在D上按滑鼠右鍵,選「內容」,再選「燒錄」那一頁,取消「啟 用燒錄功能」。
                                Translation:
                                Open Windows Explorer, suppose your writer is D:, right-click on D:, choose Properties, then choose Record page, cancel Switch On Recording Function.
                                woah.. how come i can't find the record page...

Comment

Working...
                                X