help! my dvds could not be loaded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by coolewong View Post
    how can i make an image of my HDD wifout a burner...
    and is there any method to solve this? is this a bug?
    Get Knoppix linux from here: http://www.knoppix.org/

It's very easy to use and is just a GUI interface like windows, boot it up, put in the default username and password written on the site and stick a disc in your drive. If the CD tools or DVD player pop up, or you can use the linux equivilant of my computer to browse to your CD rom, then it's a software problem with windows.

Trust me, you dont need to be good at linux to use this, it's pretty much windows already and your rom drives should (i cannot be 100% certain cause i'm not in front of your PC) work outside of windows.

Make sure you turn your CD roms to boot first in your BIOS.

Comment

I'd also like to point out that Knoppix will NOT affect your hard drive or your data in any way, it boots completely off CD and does not install anything at all unless you save files to your hard drive while in Knoppix (which will be readable in Windows).

Comment

there must be a way to solve this...rite?

Comment

i mean, except reinstalling the windows.

Comment

In your case, if we can prove your ROM drives work, then it gives the YASU guys an idea of where their software broke your system and can start to diagnose it better.

With Tech support, there is a ladder that has to be followed for troubleshooting that we need to deal with:

1. Check the basics (connections, power on, passwords, etc)
            2. Check the Hardware (Is it working)
            3. Check the Software

We're at step 2 and they cant start playing with the software unless they know for sure that your hardware is fine. That's why i suggested you run knoppix linux to see if your roms are working.

Comment

Originally Posted by Count View Post
              In your case, if we can prove your ROM drives work, then it gives the YASU guys an idea of where their software broke your system and can start to diagnose it better.
              With Tech support, there is a ladder that has to be followed for troubleshooting that we need to deal with:
              1. Check the basics (connections, power on, passwords, etc)
              2. Check the Hardware (Is it working)
              3. Check the Software
              We're at step 2 and they cant start playing with the software unless they know for sure that your hardware is fine. That's why i suggested you run knoppix linux to see if your roms are working.
              i dun think there would be a problem for the hardware... so let's go to the 3rd stage

Comment

please help me

Comment

Get Knoppix linux from here: http://www.knoppix.org/
                  It's very easy to use and is just a GUI interface like windows, boot it up, put in the default username and password written on the site and stick a disc in your drive. If the CD tools or DVD player pop up, or you can use the linux equivilant of my computer to browse to your CD rom, then it's a software problem with windows.
                  Trust me, you dont need to be good at linux to use this, it's pretty much windows already and your rom drives should (i cannot be 100% certain cause i'm not in front of your PC) work outside of windows.
                  Make sure you turn your CD roms to boot first in your BIOS.
                  sorry... but how can i boot ? i can't burn it to my cd/dvd rom

Comment

You'll need to burn a copy of the disc. If you have a laptop or a friend's PC you can use, that is the only way you can get Knoppix to boot.

Comment

You'll need to burn a copy of the disc. If you have a laptop or a friend's PC you can use, that is the only way you can get Knoppix to boot.
                      ok.. now suppose i get a knoppix to boot
                      so wt's the point? can this help me fixing my window?
                      this can prove it's not my hardware's problem... but it can't solve the problem!

Comment

any one can help me?

Comment

rly no way...? do i hv to reinstall the xp?
                          how can i reisntall a xp then.. it can't read a disc

Comment

Have you tried booting from your Windows CD? If that don't even work, then your drive is broken (which also means that YASU is not the problem).

Comment

Working...
                            X