Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Soldiers of Anarchy

New User

Default Soldiers of Anarchy

Gcw says it has securom. it also has defective sectors at the beginning till 6 % of the disc and at the end (95%) again.
    Alcohol could not read out the DPM data.
    The CloneCD image is not playable without a crack.
    Is anybody out there with a perfect image of this game?

Did you use Alcohol 120% 1.3.5 build #1125?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Soldiers Of Anarchy: SecuROM v4.83.55.0008

Shouldn't have defective sectors except the last one at 99% - confuses me a bit... the new SecuROMs are not supposed to have defective sectors anymore... :?:
    Many CD-RW drives cannot do DPM yet, that might be the problem... what CD-RW drive are you using? And what additional CD/DVD drives do you have?

Sergei

New User

@ copytrooper yes ur right.

@sergai it has defect sectors at the beginning and at the end.
    gothic 2 cd3 needed dpm too and it worked with my Liteon DVD LTD163D.
    I also tried to use my acer burner to read the soa disc with same results. defective sectors at the beginning an the end.

To clear this thing ONCE AND FOR ALL - Securom never ever used defect sectors!! Never! Not even in the latest versions! What they do is use one 'tricky' sector (in most cases at the end of CD);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    e.g. they place a Mode 2/XA Sector on a Mode 1-CD. Seems a lot of CDROMs cannot read it or give back an error. But normally it should be read flawless - I never got any errors on Securom CDs (Toshiba SD-M 1502, SD-M 1612 and TEAC CDR532S)!

New User

but why does my soa disc have those ?
    iґll try it again in my other computer ok ?

swenske i can give u my alcohol & cloncd logs if u want.

update i tried the disc in my 2nd computer with an lg8483B defect blocks/sectors @ 3000

the same for the samsung SD-608.

First, no Securom-Portected Game is knowned to have defective sectors, like SwENSkE already mentioned

Several users reported to me to have defective sectors between 3000-2xxxx.

This Game is MAYBE the first (and only) game with defective sectors and Securom-Protection - maybe custom-made.

I receive the Game tomorrow to investigate this. Check in here tomorrow, maybe we then know more :mrgreen:

Read EXACTLY what I posted - some CD-/DVD-ROMs cannot read these tricky sectors and report them as bad.

What Sergei-Gradski reports IS that tricky sector. As you have also a bad sector at 6% your CD is probably broken. Try cleaning it with a soft piece of cloth. Always clean from INSIDE (where the hole is) to OUTSIDE. NEVER in circles!!!!!!!! Maybe this will help.

New User

@locutus
    do youґve got the game right now?
    and can you tell me if u encountered the same problems as me ?

I receive it in ~2 hours. So stay tuned :mrgreen:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast