Soldiers of Anarchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldiers of Anarchy

Gcw says it has securom. it also has defective sectors at the beginning till 6 % of the disc and at the end (95%) again.
    Alcohol could not read out the DPM data.
    The CloneCD image is not playable without a crack.
    Is anybody out there with a perfect image of this game?

Did you use Alcohol 120% 1.3.5 build #1125?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Soldiers Of Anarchy: SecuROM v4.83.55.0008

Shouldn't have defective sectors except the last one at 99% - confuses me a bit... the new SecuROMs are not supposed to have defective sectors anymore... :?:
      Many CD-RW drives cannot do DPM yet, that might be the problem... what CD-RW drive are you using? And what additional CD/DVD drives do you have?

Sergei
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

@ copytrooper yes ur right.

@sergai it has defect sectors at the beginning and at the end.
        gothic 2 cd3 needed dpm too and it worked with my Liteon DVD LTD163D.
        I also tried to use my acer burner to read the soa disc with same results. defective sectors at the beginning an the end.

Comment

To clear this thing ONCE AND FOR ALL - Securom never ever used defect sectors!! Never! Not even in the latest versions! What they do is use one 'tricky' sector (in most cases at the end of CD);
          INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
          e.g. they place a Mode 2/XA Sector on a Mode 1-CD. Seems a lot of CDROMs cannot read it or give back an error. But normally it should be read flawless - I never got any errors on Securom CDs (Toshiba SD-M 1502, SD-M 1612 and TEAC CDR532S)!

Comment

but why does my soa disc have those ?
            iґll try it again in my other computer ok ?

swenske i can give u my alcohol & cloncd logs if u want.

update i tried the disc in my 2nd computer with an lg8483B defect blocks/sectors @ 3000

the same for the samsung SD-608.

Comment

First, no Securom-Portected Game is knowned to have defective sectors, like SwENSkE already mentioned

Several users reported to me to have defective sectors between 3000-2xxxx.

This Game is MAYBE the first (and only) game with defective sectors and Securom-Protection - maybe custom-made.

I receive the Game tomorrow to investigate this. Check in here tomorrow, maybe we then know more :mrgreen:

Comment

Read EXACTLY what I posted - some CD-/DVD-ROMs cannot read these tricky sectors and report them as bad.

What Sergei-Gradski reports IS that tricky sector. As you have also a bad sector at 6% your CD is probably broken. Try cleaning it with a soft piece of cloth. Always clean from INSIDE (where the hole is) to OUTSIDE. NEVER in circles!!!!!!!! Maybe this will help.

Comment

@locutus
                  do youґve got the game right now?
                  and can you tell me if u encountered the same problems as me ?

Comment

I receive it in ~2 hours. So stay tuned :mrgreen:

Comment

juhu

Comment

SHORT UPDATE:
                        I can confirm the appearance of defective sectors in the above mentioned area. Seems like this protection is custom-made. Fuxxx is RIGHT!

@Sergeij.Gradski: Did you read the CD for yourself? And NO error is reported @3000-xxxxx?? I doubt it. Which Version of the game? The German Version IS protected with (at least) additional readerrors.

I will investigate the protection deeper tonight and report here.

Comment

have the german version too.

Comment

LocutusofBorg wrote:
                            > @Sergeij.Gradski: Did you read the CD for yourself? And NO error is
                            > reported @3000-xxxxx?? I doubt it. Which Version of the game? The
                            > German Version IS protected with (at least) additional readerrors.

No, I did not read the game myself, I just stated what I considered "common knowledge" about SecuROM - that normally it does not have any errors on the disc except for the possible one at the end of the disc.

If I had read the CD myself, I would (as always) have explicitly stated.
                            The version # of SecuROM was taken from the Games' Copy Protections thread.

Hope I didn't raise too much confusion...

Sergei
                            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Hope I didn't raise too much confusion...
                              No, of course not. Don't worry about.

This is the first time this behaviour occurs on SecuromProtected Game, I already reported it back to Martin and Andrew.

Check in here for time to time, I keep you informed

Comment

Working...
                              X