Suggestions for the full version - want to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for the full version - want to buy

I really like Deamon Tools and I would really like to actually purchase a full version...the problem is the cost of it because I have many machines/VMs in the house and use daemon tools on them all, it would become hideously expensive to buy licenses for all of them and ontop of it keeping them up to date. I would have to pay nearly 1K dollars every 5 years (if I bought the cheaper longterm update), thats just nuts

How about some ability to buy a sitewide license where you register your IPs (mine are all a static IP range), deamon tools would then only install on those IPs, but it would still operate on different IPs (like if I take my laptop with me) as long as the machine doesn't change. I don't know if this is somehow doable, but it would be really nice to see.

You do realize you wouldn't need to buy DT Pro for every machine. Standard DT would work for most of them, and just one or two licenses of DT Pro for creating images.

And in case I misunderstood your post - and you were talking about standard DT only - you're only required to license it when it's used commercially. If it's for personal use, licensing is optional.

Comment

Oh wow, just found out you still have a regular version WITHOUT Whenusave, OMG that WhenUSave thing was a true nightmare to have installed.

You're right then, I could simply use the regular one without WUS and then purchase a pro for my main machine.

Thanks Now just to find out how to remove WhenUSave, the uninstaller doesn't work

Comment

If the uninstaller isn't work, just use some software like Ad-Aware or Spybot Search & Destroy to remove it manually. As for reinstalling DT without it, just deselect it during installation or cancel the WhenU EULA if you forget.

Comment

Ah thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
          X