Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
    Try the attached mds file.
    If it doesn't fit your version, you can convert the mds into bwa with BWA Builder, and then inject the bwa information in your mds (without DPM info) with Quickmount/Injector.
    Thanks, I will try it. Hope this is the mds for US version. Don't have the German one.
    Last edited by korn2006; 25.08.2007, 12:56.

Comment

This mds is supposed to be different from the original how?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mephisto18m View Post
        vIDE is working fine
        I can confirm that.

Comment

Interesting. I, too, am getting the "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000)." message. This occurs soon after the installation routine tries to download and install the latest patch (which is something that is NOT optional and is hardcoded into the installer).

I'm using vIDE along with YASU (build 7071) on Vista Ultimate x64.

A screenshot of the offending message is below.

To preempt the next question - no, this is not my image (an ISO), but one my friend made and gave to me to see how it would run on my stock E6600/X1950-based system (he has an older AMD). He kept the original disc. I don't know what program he used to make the image.

Should I pry the physical disc out of his hands and use Alcohol or DT to make an image? I purchased a lifetime Alcohol registration, so I don't know which is the better program to use at this point.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by mak60062 View Post
            This mds is supposed to be different from the original how?
            Depends on how you've created the "original" one.

Originally Posted by korn2006 View Post
            Thanks, I will try it. Hope this is the mds for US version. Don't have the German one.
            It isn't US but austrian version. But often the DPM part in the mds file in european and US releases is the same, only disc content/lenght differs. That's why i mentioned Quickmount/Injector, maybe worth a try.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

The mds that you provide works like a charm and thank you for the mds and the explanation.
              Last edited by korn2006; 25.08.2007, 19:37.

Comment

So WinXP x64 is forever getting the shaft? I do not at any time want to move to Vista until I know it isn't a piece of turd as it currently seems to be.

When I try to use Deamontoolspro and Yasu after I install the game from image on my harddrive it says to insert the original disc.

tRens

Comment

Originally Posted by tRens View Post
                  So WinXP x64 is forever getting the shaft? I do not at any time want to move to Vista until I know it isn't a piece of turd as it currently seems to be.
                  When I try to use Deamontoolspro and Yasu after I install the game from image on my harddrive it says to insert the original disc.
                  tRens
                  How did you create the image?

Comment

Could you post a .BWA from your image i can't seem to find bwa builder. I wouldn't want to buy Blindwrite just for one file. I got it from a friend just like the person above. I don't know what he used either.

tRens

Comment

Also when i tried to load your mds that you posted it get

Unable to mount file. File not accessible.

No clue why.

tRens

Comment

what did you get from your friend?

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
                          what did you get from your friend?
                          Is this addressed to me or tRens? If to me, I just got an ISO of his disc. Dunno how he created it, but knowing him, he probably used something pretty threadbare - certainly nothing on the order of DT or Alcohol. Believe it or not, he's a big fan of mkisofs....

Would still be interesting to know how the Bioshock install routine is nevertheless managing to identify a backup, even with the combined might of the latest DT w/vIDE and also the latest YASU.

BTW, I'm attaching the latest BWA Builder for those who want it. I don't know if this is usable by itself, though. I seem to recall it also needing the patin-couffin driver.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by fleggett View Post
                            Is this addressed to me or tRens? If to me, I just got an ISO of his disc. Dunno how he created it, but knowing him, he probably used something pretty threadbare - certainly nothing on the order of DT or Alcohol. Believe it or not, he's a big fan of mkisofs....
                            As a customer, you really should know better...

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
                              As a customer, you really should know better...
                              And you should really know better than to make snap judgments. I already stated earlier that it was given to me simply for me to test out on my machine. I don't play these types of games and haven't played ANY of the prior installments in which this game is based. This was simply an "install, play for awhile, tell me how it does, then delete" proposition. He LOVES the series and did *not* want to let the disc out of his possession (which I can understand).

Don't make assumptions about me and I'll do the same for you.

Comment

Flegett, Reef is right. His comment was not whether its legal or
                                not (imho - it is not, but that is another story) - it was based
                                on the fact that you are not allowed to discuss such issues
                                here.

Of course I see that you wanted only help out someone to test
                                if the stuff works and I believe you that was the whole intention.

But that doesnt change the facts - it is not allowed to discuss
                                this here, not on public forums, not on customer forums, nowhere.

This rule is valid for all, users as well as customers.

Given the fact that most users are not so knowledged,
                                especially when it comes to board-rules, Reefs comment
                                meaned "YOU should know best - as customer - that we
                                do not accept/tolerate such discussion here".

We cant tolerate this for customers, when we kick every
                                normal user here for such postings and even do not allow
                                them to come back here. I guess you got the idea...
                                It looks like we are biased and that other laws are valid for
                                customers.

Comment

Working...
                                X