No announcement yet.

Will there be an update for Bioshock to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here's where the "letter of the law" and "zero tolerance" clearly (IMO) clashes with user intention and common sense. A pretty frequent occurrence in society nowadays, it seems.

Originally, I was simply pointing out that an image made by unknown means failed to install, even using vIDE and the (then) latest YASU. Other people seem to've had no problems making a working backup, presumably using Alcohol or DT itself, so I suppose the whole issue is rather academic at this point.

This'll be my last post on the subject.

Comment

@fleggett: sure - I'm open for ANY discussion, ANY opinion.....
      but you forgot one VERY important thing: the "society" you talking about for some strange reason will "dissapear" as soon
      they must take responsibility! And that is exactly what I wrote,
      when you read between the lines....

Not only that, you also totally missed the point when you write
      "common sense" - what on gods earth let you believe we have
      so many moderators who can prove every single facts from
      every post about "warez". And how would you handle people
      then who ask shit like "I downloaded xyz - help me!". What if
      all answer then: "no - my only intention was to HELP / science / whatevercomestomymind" .... you really want not see how
      hard such decisions are then. Ok, you dont like the game -
      but how on gods earth can WE know that?

Well, this is also MY last post for this stupid off-topic discussion. But my opinion is that I had build you a bridge
      (not only here but also via PM) and you do not even see it
      but instead comment on my article as if we are

"DAEMON Tools Alcatraz-forum" - and that is unfair imho...
      nevertheless, seems we have different opinion about it
      just my 2cent and as already said last post about it..

BTW: Your "original intention" was for sure in a good meaning
      (although I heared of an invention called "DEMO" for GraphicCa
      purposes), you can see in this thread beside you already
      another person who has - of course only for same reasons
      as you - copy "rented" from a friend...

Comment

Originally Posted by korn2006 View Post
        My device fails on dpm extraction. Thank you.
        Q: Starforce driver installed?
        A: Yes, I uninstalled SF driver - now dpm extraction works.
        Big thanks fly out to korn2006

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
          Nevertheless, it is up to you if you buy such game or not. In
          this particular case users reported they exaggerated "a bit" with
          - Securom Protection
          - Online-Activation
          - Number of Installations is counted (up to 5 installations are
          "allowed")
          At least this is what different users wrote to me - it is not
          personal experience, as I did not bought the game yet, but
          according to many reports, it seems it have the by far most
          annoying protection ever made for a game (if reports are true).
          Furtunately 2K Games announced that there will be a patch that completely removes the online check (and a bit later the whole copy protection) after the main sales time is over. Also they will soon offer an application that lets you uninstall used licenses, so that you can free up slots in the 5 concurrent installations restriction. That's at least some kind of good news.

I for my part didn't have any problems with the Bioshock activation, since it

Comment

I wonder how they will completely remove the protection, they can't change the content of the DVD (the installer checking the disc and downloading some files).

Comment

Nobody screams about the installing the game and the uodating shit.

It's about the activation and the restriction of only 5 installations.
              Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
              Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
              Schreibt mir eine PN!
              If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

I have this error:

I using a Daemon tools 4.10.
                What I'm doing if I like instal the game?

Comment

How many computers do you own that you really need to install Bioshock on? I mean, five activations should be enough for most people until they remove the copy protection. Do you begrudge them protecting their software? How many really have had a problem with this personally? By that I mean that you installed it so many times you couldn't install it anymore. Seriously.

Comment

Do you buy a car that you only drive 10.000 miles before it's deactivated? Well, the company said that restriction will be removed, but forget to mention when...

It's not a question about reality, it's about ideology.

When I own a game, I'll want to play and install as much as I won't.

Got it?
                    Schreibt mir eine PN!
                    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

That's a poor analogy. Can you loan your car to five different friends at the exact same time to drive? No. There's only one copy of your car, period. However, you can loan your game to five or ten or a thousand friends, unless there's something preventing you from doing so (in this case, the copy protection).

Comment

Well, you missunderstood.

I bought HL2 although it has an online activation.

I stand for that kind of protection. But tell me: is there any difference between the protections of Bioshock and Hl2? Yes, there is one.

HL2 needs Steam which has a key recognizing thing.
                        I mean you can activate one serial just one time. And up then, it's your game.. Anybody could steal your key, but couldn't activate his copy.

Bioshock adds this install restrictions to the game. I do not talk about loaning. I talk about owning,

In my opinion, this protection tells me that I don't own the game, I just borrowed it.

My 2 cents.
                        Schreibt mir eine PN!

Comment

If they never removed that installation restriction, I could see your point and would even agree with you. But the fact that it's a temporary measure to limit piracy during the first few critical weeks of sales - and will be removed aftewards - makes it a non-issue for me. Much like how Unreal Tournament (any of them) - which is online only - has copy protection requiring the disc initilally, and then it's removed within a couple months. They have it on there just long enough to protect their interests and increase sales during those first few weeks. Those are the most critical time for sales.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
                          Last edited by Jito463; 03.09.2007, 14:30. Reason: Expounding the point

Comment

Working...
                          X