No announcement yet.

YASU 1.4 can't find DT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I created a shortcut to YASU in the Daemon Tools start menu programs folder. Adding arguments in Target box seem to work fine.

Comment

Comment

ANY program can easily get it's own location and even the real full path (if there are hard-/softlinks involved)! There is no need to discuss about that, since this is basic programming knowlege.

I do agree that this is a bug in the current version of YASU and should be fixed. Yasu should work when it is in the DR directory regardless of the calling process' current directory.

Comment

Originally Posted by Elandril View Post
          ANY program can easily get it's own location and even the real full path
          i agree.

Originally Posted by Elandril View Post
          I do agree that this is a bug in the current version of YASU and should be fixed. Yasu should work when it is in the DR directory regardless of the calling process' current directory.
          No. Its not a bug. This is how standard windows programs handles the path thing and imho this shouldn't be changed.
          Upgrade your programs:
          DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

If this is not a bug, then creating registry startup key (yasu.exe -a) should be replaced with creating startup shortcut, since startup via registry isnt working in current implementation.

Comment

the autostart value should be replaced by

cmd /c cd /d "<path>" & YASU.exe

thats all.
              Upgrade your programs:

Comment

Originally Posted by ..::shiFt::.. View Post
                the autostart value should be replaced by
                cmd /c cd /d "<path>" & YASU.exe
                thats all.
                Oh yeah, let's horse-rape the startup sequence. That makes much more sense, than inserting one line of code and making things work as expected (and documented).

PS: If anyone didn't detect the sarcarsm in this post, please contact your local psychiatric ward.

Comment

you are right, its just a line of code to replace the regular autostart command

however, sYk0 will decide howto handle this problem.
                  Upgrade your programs:

Comment

Working...
                  X