"Add IDE Virtual Drive" is grayed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Add IDE Virtual Drive" is grayed out

I just purchased and installed Daemon-Tools Pro Advanced v4.10.0216.0.
    I cannot add a virtual IDE drive - the option is grayed out... Why could that be?
    The OS is Windows XP Professional SP2 32bit.

Did you start virtual IDE controller in Virtual Device manager? It is not running by default.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Ahh... That fixed it. Thanks.

Not so very obvious that you have to enable it first.

Maybe it would be an idea not to gray-out the option. Instead ask the user if he would like to enable the IDE-controller when he clicks "Add IDE virtual drive".

Comment

re

i have the same probleme wit iDE drive but whene i try to start Virtual Device manager iDe drive i get error Unable to add the addapter divice probleme 12

Comment

@soulbog
          You are using latest DT Pro Advanced 4.12.0220?
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

@soulbog

can you also give us some information about youre OS and stuff?

Comment

help me please. i got a same problem. I can't active IDE virtual drive. "error Unable to add the adapter. device problem 1" .
              my information: Daemon-Tools Pro Advanced v4.10.0218
              window XP Pro SP2 32bit

Comment

Update to latest version 4.12.0220.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

i upgrate end probleme solve thk

Comment

please show me how to update. when i try to check for update, it tell me no internet connection.

Comment

You go to the same location as you downloaded DT Pro 4.10.0218 and say "revoke" and then you can upgrade to latest version.
                      Last edited by Blazkowicz; 03.02.2008, 21:29.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

Greyed out ide.

I too have the problem where it is greyed out. Start Ide adapter is greyed out in virtual device manager. I've just bought the latest version of daemon tools pro advanced 4.12.0220 sptd version 1.55 about 1 hour ago and i'm running windows x64. I'm not using alcohol or anything similar. Any suggestions or is this due to windows x64?
                        My first post, go easy.........
                        Jon

Comment

@Pirate69
                          Sorry to say so, but
                          vIDE is currently supported on all 32 bit platforms (x86) and on Windows Vista x64; Windows XP x64 and Windows 2003 x64 are not supported
                          Do you have any questions about DAEMON Tools software? You can find some answers on DAEMON Tools FAQ page.
                          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

it is supported, but mine is both grayed out like pirate69's

Comment

Same problem can't active IDE virtual drive. "error Unable to add the adapter device problem 1" or "error Unable to add the adapter device problem 28"

Daemon-Tools Pro Advanced 4.12.0220
                              window XP SP2 32bit

On the windows hardware wizard it also says " Error occurred Driver is not intended for this plataform" Guess it might be because i have no pata drives in my pc only sata.

Also the updating service is quite anoying how can i make the Daemon-Tools client detect that i have web? any other easy way to update?

Comment

Working...
                              X