DT Pro Image Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Pro Image Conversion

Got to say seriously dissapointed with the conversion in DT Pro. One of the only reasons I acctualy paid for it as I thought with that function I wouldn't have to put UltraISO on my PC any more. But as it only writes / creates mds files it's pretty pointless to me .

Suggestion would be to enable it to create other file formats like an ISO or NRG.

Still can't quite believe that it wont let me create an ISO !!!

What's the point to convert images in formats not supporting modern protections at all?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
      What's the point to convert images in formats not supporting modern protections at all?
      Not all other applications support to read .mds files and there exists alot of other uses of Daemon Tools then just to beat copy protections.

I just registrered the Pro version and I too was a little disapointed that it did not support to create/convert to .img and .iso.

I eg. use the above formats when I use VMware and eg. on my XMBC to play DVD's from my media server.

Comment

Use Alcohol 52% FE.

Comment

For ISO-only purposes in most cases you can just rename image from *.mdf to *.iso and delete mds file.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
            Because I don't use Daemon Tools to mount protected images. I mount ISOs of applications mainly and an ISO is just easier as nearly every App I know that deals with CDs knows about ISOs. eg Nero can't burn a MDS file.

Comment

Addendum:
              Just create your image with DT Pro's Data CD profile and rename; it's 1:1 standard cooked ISO (with descriptor file).
              e.g. the same with BIN or IMG files - when created with "normal" settings
              Last edited by Terramex; 02.09.2007, 20:17.
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
              X