• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neverwinter Nights 1.61 patch blacklists DT

Operating System: Windows XP SP1
    Burning Software: Veritas RecordNow DX 4.60
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

The most recent patch to Neverwinter Nights also updates the Securom version, blacklisting Daemon Tools. Legitimate owners of the game cannot play it as long as DT is installed on their system, regardless of whether or not DT is running in the tray. This report is exactly identical to the recently reported problem with Warcraft III.

I'll be more than happy to provide any additional information.

Original will play if you disable all emulations.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
      While that makes sense, I wasn't using any emulation (tray icon red).

Comment

Unless you mean to say that it worked fine prepatching, in which case I'm just bringing it to everyone's attention that the newest patch (less than a week old) breaks it. There is the possibility that it's detecting something other than DT, but I don't use anything else that can emulate Securom to my knowledge.

Comment

Wait for the next dtools update.

Comment

Wait for the next dtools update.
            S'what I figured, thanks.

Comment

Operating System: WinXP Pro(pre SP1)
              Burning Software: none
              Anti-virus Software: none
              DAEMON Tools Version: 3.33

umm, latest NWN original(1.61) works with dt 3.33, with all emulation options enabled, but i am using a disc(i dont think its a 1 to 1 copy though - at the time i made it i didnt know very much about making game copies)

Comment

RE: NWN 1.61

Operating System: Win XP Pro
                Burning Software: A Lot
                Anti-virus Software: NOD32
                DAEMON Tools Version: 3.41

I can verify that the game will run with the original disc after installing patch 1.61 after testing it myself. According to the error message and the url on http://www.securom.com/emulation the protection kicks in when something interferes with direct access to the drive with the game disc loaded (although I doubt they actualy detect that because earlier versions are reported to work). If you use a normal drive and the original disc it will work fine.
                Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
                In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

Strangely enough, when I got home last night it worked just fine. Not really sure what the deal was - I use DT mostly for image mounting, and haven't touched any of the emulation options in at least a year.

If anyone runs into this problem when using the legal CDs, try rebooting. I can say for sure that 1) I was not using emulation when it was complaining (red icon)
                  and I had in fact closed the tray icon but still recieved the error.

Comment

3.43 -- You guys ROCK =)

Heh, about what I suggested on the other thread. I said randomize but naming on installation is even better 3.43 can mount all my SecuROM 4.8x images now. Weeeeeeee! You guys ROCK! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:
                    Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
                    In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

Working...
                    X