منتديات عميد التعريب
    المصدر الأول لتعريب البرامج للعالم العربي
    www.alghaamdi.com

Comment

4.11 update.
      Attached Files
      pc

Comment

Updated Italian Language file for DT PRO Advanced 4.11.219 and DT Lite 4.11.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is my translation for 4.11.219
          only post it here or also to discsoft?
          Attached Files

Comment

Also to discsoft.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

The swedish translation in this latest application bundle had some terrible translation. Here comes a fixed one.

(Couldnt attach files so here goes a URL)

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
                Japanese translation updated:
                Attached Files

Comment

Romanian translation updated.

For : DT Pro 4.11.219 / DT Lite 4.11
                  Release date : January 3rd 2008
                  Current version : v5
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by tim-international View Post
                    The swedish translation in this latest application bundle had some terrible translation. Here comes a fixed one.
                    (Couldnt attach files so here goes a URL)
                    http://www.tim-international.net/SVE.zip
                    Can't really agree with the translation being terrible. Not much differnce between the one you're linking to and the one i did. The major differences seems to be what to call "mount" and "image". Neither of our translations is wrong i think. But i can confess i made a few errors with spacing some words up. These will of course be corrected with my next release along with other errors if someone notices me about them.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
                      Can't really agree with the translation being terrible. Not much differnce between the one you're linking to and the one i did. The major differences seems to be what to call "mount" and "image". Neither of our translations is wrong i think. But i can confess i made a few errors with spacing some words up. These will of course be corrected with my next release along with other errors if someone notices me about them.
                      If you disagree, maybe you should discuss it with other Swedes and see what they think. When I did the Norwegian translation, I was also in disagreement with myself whether I should just simply call an image "imagefil". But I ended up using the same wording that tim-international has used - "montere" for "mount" and "avbildning" for "image". It takes some time getting used to new words, though. Most of us (Scandinavians) probably just call an image "image" also in our native languages.
                      Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
                        If you disagree, maybe you should discuss it with other Swedes and see what they think. When I did the Norwegian translation, I was also in disagreement with myself whether I should just simply call an image "imagefil". But I ended up using the same wording that tim-international has used - "montere" for "mount" and "avbildning" for "image". It takes some time getting used to new words, though. Most of us (Scandinavians) probably just call an image "image" also in our native languages.

I am of course open to suggestions if they are mentioned to me. Noticed in for example Alcohol the swedish trasnlation inst using avbild anymore it have been changed to image so i assumed the most people prefered using the word image instead since it got changed. But anyway didnt mean to sound like i am a selfish person who cant take critisism. Just wanted to say that i dont think the translation was terrible. But will indeed listen to the opinion.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
                          But anyway didnt mean to sound like i am a selfish person who cant take critisism. Just wanted to say that i dont think the translation was terrible. But will indeed listen to the opinion.
                          Your work isn't terrible. It's not constructive criticism to call the entire translation bad because of couple of disputable wordings.

My advice is to ask friends and aquaintances what words they would prefer to use. If it seems most natural for Swedish DT users to use the words 'image' and 'mount' (or variations of those words), then use them. If most people seem to prefer "avbild" and "montera", then use those.

This is only a friendly suggestion, I don't mean to interfere in your business. Keep up the good work.
                          Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

• Swedish translation for v.220

Uploaded the updated swedish language for v. 220 via disc-soft webpage

Comment

• hmm... when i log in to disc-soft and click "Send Message" i can't add attachment. I know i should send them a message with the link in one of the messages they sent me but i cant find that one :S

can somebody give that link to me?
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Sent you the special link.
                                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                                Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                                X