No announcement yet.

Little help with translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hope so we can still try to make our translations better, so there will less typo's then at this stage (maybe)

Comment

wow error!! i cant run DT anymore.. it gives me an error and asks if i want to tell Microsoft about it! i tried to reinstall (DT Pro Basic free trail) but it still doesn't work..
      hope you can help me... i am gonna install dt4.10 for now.. maybe that works :s

Comment

Hmm.

It's odd, but I can't run DT Pro too. I've tried to reinstall, remove settings - no go for me. I can't test my translation because of that :/

Comment

What error did you get? Which code?
          Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
          Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
          Schreibt mir eine PN!
          If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

No Error Code from DT, only MS one:
            Application failure dtpro.exe 4.10.218.0 at offset 000ac50c

Please send a raport to MS, bla bla bla

I think it might have something to do with translation dlls, because all DTAgent's strings were blank when this happened.

Comment

Let me join the club . The same thing happened to me about

one and a half week ago.Reinstalling doesn't help ,so im running

DT Lite on my machine right now.If you can't troubleshoot the

problem and dont want to bother reinstaling windows, you can do

the translation on a virtual machine(Microsoft Virtual PC or

VMware workstation), at least thats what im doing.

Comment

dt pro agent still start up (but with no text/functionality)
                does DT stores some information about the language files somewhere?
                i think DT tries to load my translation dll (wich was wrong, i think the language id was wrong)

Comment

Hello everybody
                  To chrashoverraid:
                  Please, try to remove INI file
                  "D:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\DAEMON Tools Pro\dtpro.ini"
                  and then start DTPro again.
                  Does it take any effect?
                  Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

I have had the same problem as described here:
                    * First, the translation worked greatly in the DAEMON Tools Pro application, but the Agent didn't show any text strings. Even though the language code/ID specified for the translation was "correct", DTPro would recognize it as ID "0"

* Then I realized (as EMB_Blaster has already pointed out) that the language ID for the translation should be specified as an 8 digit hexadecimal value (with leading zeroes), after having looked at the embedded language DLLs in ResHacker.

* I "recompiled" the language DLL using a hexadecimal language ID value, and theoretically everything was now finally ok! But DTPro wouldn't start.. Windows gave a generic application crash message.

This was because DTPro would attempt to use the language ID "0", which was no longer recognized. I found that DTPro's language setting is saved in the file %appdata%\DAEMON Tools Pro\dtpro.ini, topic "View", field/item "Language". I had to change this setting to a working language ID - in decimal ("1033" for English, "1044" for Norwegian, etc.).

Voila! Everything works as it should now.

I can only think of two small annoyances that remain:
                    - When looking at my translation file in ResHacker, all string table objects contain "LANGUAGE LANG_ARABIC, 0x0". It makes no practical difference, but it doesn't feel 100% "perfect" :-)
                    - DAEMON Tools Pro doesn't use the translated strings for the column headers "Last Mounted Drive" and "Last Mounted Time", when using Detailed view in the Image Catalog.
                    Last edited by mastermind; 24.09.2007, 19:14.
                    Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

thank you! dtpro starts again (english language)!
                      did you guys already found a solution to the no text problem in the dtpro agent?

Comment

Originally Posted by chrashoverraid View Post
                        did you guys already found a solution to the no text problem in the dtpro agent?
                        Enter 00000413 (for Dutch/Nederlands) as language ID in DTPro Translator and re-save your translation DLL.

Comment

o i am so stupid it works now!! thank you.. i had a space behind it, think that caused the error...

Comment

Shit happens :P No problem. We have enough time.
                            Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
                            Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
                            Schreibt mir eine PN!
                            If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

I agree We all do simple mistakes.

Comment

Problem solved.Thanks to everyone for the effort.

I hope that the issue will be addressed in the next version of DT

so it wouldnt be done manualy.

Comment

Working...
                                X