Little help with translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I am translating in Romanian and I have the same problem with the Agent - blank lines, like the screenshot in the first post.

Thanks,
    OJi.

edit 1 - sorry, I missed the posts above...
    edit 2 - after changing the ID from 1048 to 00000018, I have text in the Agent.
    Last edited by jdaniel; 24.09.2007, 20:51.

Comment

Originally Posted by jdaniel View Post
      edit 2 - after changing the ID from 1048 to 00000018, I have text in the Agent.
      The correct hexadecimal number for 1048 should be 418 (enter 00000418 as language ID in DTPro Translator). Maybe it was just a typo?

Anyhow, it would actually probably work if you used ID 18 - because it isn't in use by any other language file in your installation, and DTPro doesn't seem to verify the ID. But it wouldn't be the correct identification of your language
      Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

I Googled for 'language id' and I found this http://helpnet.installshield.com/rob...dentifiers.htm. I compared with the ID you told 'chrashoverraid' to use for Dutch - 0413, it was a match. On that page I found 018 for Romania, so I used it. My mistake.
        If the right ID is '00000418' I will use that.

Thank you,
        OJi.

Comment

I just read through the page you're mentioning, and it really puzzles me. Because in many cases, they use the hexadecimal value for the standard language code, but other times they don't (for example for Romanian, Danish etc.).

I can promise you that the Romanian language code in hecadecimal is (00000)418. But I don't understand why InstallShield InstallScript uses something else.

However, I read the following on the page you mentioned:
          The language ID is more commonly given as a hexadecimal value, but you must specify the decimal version for Windows Installer. Note that Windows Installer based installations (including InstallScript MSI installations) use different IDs than InstallScript installations.
          So, apparently, InstallShield uses (in some cases) some non-standard language IDs.

Check out this page:
          Last edited by mastermind; 25.09.2007, 14:33.

Comment

Hello everybody
            Just small note about language ID

It's simple, paste language ID from the table with leading four zeroes, i.e.:
            Portuguese - Brazil lang ID = 0416
            so, paste 00000416
            Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Hello again,

A little clarification please.
              At ID4226 we have "Recently Used Images is a special folder. Items cannot be added to it directly."

As I understand, "Images is a folder" ? or images used/from a folder ?

Thanks,
              OJi.

Comment

"Recently Used Images" is a name of special folder where program automatically keeps track of images used recently to enable quick access to them.

Comment

Background meaning of string

In message table there is
                  #4301, Protection based on subchannel data. Old version is under version 4.8.

What is meant by "Old version is under version 4.8."? Does anyone know that?

I would understand it it would say "Old version, under version 4.8". That would mean that there is protection version older than 4.8. But how to understand "Old version is..."? Are there any other kinds of versions?

Comment

Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
                    "Recently Used Images" is a name of special folder where program automatically keeps track of images used recently to enable quick access to them.
                    thanks. i got it now.

Comment

Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
                      In message table there is
                      #4301, Protection based on subchannel data. Old version is under version 4.8.
                      What is meant by "Old version is under version 4.8."? Does anyone know that?
                      I would understand it it would say "Old version, under version 4.8". That would mean that there is protection version older than 4.8. But how to understand "Old version is..."? Are there any other kinds of versions?
                      I would interpret this the same way you do, that it is an old version - below v4.8 (regarding SafeDisc protection?).

Comment

Working...
                      X