Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: YASU.exe contains a Trojan..

Daumen runter YASU.exe contains a Trojan..

I *just* downloaded this off the main download page. God damnit.

Experienced User

Which main download page do you mean?
    File is clean here.

Experienced User

Hm, I can't edit my posts?

@ sissok: Maybe a false positve or maybe your system was already infected before?
    To minimze the possibility of a false positive you can upload the file to virustotal.com and check it there for example.

Experienced User

surely that is a false positive.

False Positive, File should be clean as it is with all of us.

I see you are using Avira Antivirus, That tends to spit out alot of False Positives if you've turned Heuristics on or increased sensitivity of Heuristics

Don't worry, the file is clean. It's probably the way it was programmed that caused it to be detected as such.

I can assure you it is 100% Clean, and contains nothing malicious.

If you are so worried, scan with another Scanner/Anti-virus such as A-Squared, Avast Anti-virus, or AVG. It's Most likely the File will be clean when scanning with these, as it scans more accurately than Avira.

In my using of Avira Anti-virus, I noticed it would mark my Perfectly legit and clean program files as a virus or Trojan, and spit out false positives one after the other, So I switched to another Antivirus. I've been using avast since, it seems to do the job nicely using a small amount of system resources (At least a lot less than Norton).

Experienced User

My guess is that this version of YASU has been 'modified' by some so called release group.
    I'm using the same anti-virus and have scanned all versions of YASU on my harddisc (1.03 till 1.07). No detection on any of them.
    Some good advice: Only download YASU from this site!
    Last edited by Reef : 21.02.2007 at 13:22

I just love it when someone posts a thread, but doesn't reply back after receiving replies, make me/us feel as if we are talking to ourselves

I know that everyone has lives and I can understand that, but it's been 24 hours since he posted this. I would at least thought he would of found a couple minutes to reply back.

It kind of makes me think he posted just to flame and abandoned the thread/forum, as noted by the emoticon he used

Experienced User

Oh well this thread may help other that have similar problems.
    However, I do scan every file that i upload, also i'm sure that the DT team also scan the file(s) before they are posted for download.

I would really like to know where sissok download his corrupt copy of Y.A.S.U, but it is unlikely he will reply.
    Mail:
    curerom @ daemon-tools.cc

Experienced User

I think it's quite obvious... Just look at the desktop icons on the screenshot, there are at least two P2P programs on it (µTorrent and Azureus).

He did say he got it from the main page. However I've never had any problem with it being detected as a Trojan or Virus.

I think he has the Sensitivity for Heuristics set too high in Avira, that could be why it's being flagged as a Trojan/Virus, although the file is clean.

I noticed when I used Avira, It had flagged some of my perfectly clean files as a Trojan/Virus, only because I set Heuristics Sensitivity too high.

It's mostly the way that the file was programmed that causes it to be detected as such.

If Yasu hooks API's or Calls, combined with the High Sensitivity of Heuristics in Avira, that could be why it's being flagged as a Virus/Trojan. However Yasu is perfectly clean and exhibits no Virus/Trojan or malicious behavior.

So he has nothing to worry about. I'm sure if he scanned with another scanner such as A-Squared or Avast, it would give him a more accurate result, as in the file is clean.

Hey OP, are you going to reply back to at least let us know if you solved it or even read our replies?

In a lot of forums, abandoning the thread you started is usually against the rules, I don't know about this forum though. If you are not going to reply to a thread you started, at least request it to be closed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast