Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two notes to DT developers

Hello

1) In Daemon Tools 4.10 (free version) ENU.dll contains invalid strings for IDs 64001 and 64002. DLL of Daemon Tools Pro provided for translators has these strings corrected. So, I just give a notice for the DT developers to make sure this was indeed a fix made between releases rather than these strings being invalid in DT 4.10 due to mistakes during filtering larger DT Pro message table to obtain smaller limited message table for DT 4.10 build.

2) ENU.dll of DT Pro Advanced provided for tanslators has got ".reloc" section in binary image which adds extra 4 kb of wasted space at the end of DLL. TranslatorTool produces libraries with this section too. If you set "No Enrty Point" in "Linker->Advanced" of project properties in Visual Studio, the linker will not emit ".reloc" section.

Comment

Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
      2) ENU.dll of DT Pro Advanced provided for tanslators has got ".reloc" section in binary image which adds extra 4 kb of wasted space at the end of DLL.
      Well, not 4 kb, of course. There is only 512 bytes. However that is still a wasted space and unnecessary section.

Comment

Typo in ENU.DLL

4253, LaserLok
        should be "LaserLock"

Comment

Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
          4253, LaserLok
          should be "LaserLock"
          I too believe that "LaserLock" is the most correct name (for example, their web domain is called laserlock.com), but "LaserLok" is also a commonly used name for it. Usually a LaserLock protected disc has a hidden folder called "LaserLok", this may be one of the reasons why that alternate spelling has catched on.

So, I'm not certain that this is an accidental misspelling from the DT team.
          Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
            I too believe that "LaserLock" is the most correct name (for example, their web domain is called laserlock.com), but "LaserLok" is also a commonly used name for it.
            Even though DT Lite does not have such string in message table but it displays it spelled as "Laserlock" in Emulation menu.

Comment

Next notification:

can you add the translation language behind the nickname in the usergroups?

Link

Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
              Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
              Schreibt mir eine PN!
              If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

On image creation there is still 'Time', 'Event', 'Cancel' and after precision 'high' which we dont have strings to translate for.
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

i got a question.. i need to translate a few strings but i dont know what vetoed means (string 1510 and 1511) i thought it meant something like forbidden but i dont know it for sure. Can somebody explain it?
                  thank you

Comment

We translated is as not allow.
                    Example:
                    The application %s doesn't allow the specified operation
                    Schreibt mir eine PN!
                    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Next one:

No 4196 Blindread Image (*.bwt)

Shouldn't be BlindWrite Image (*.bwt)?

Comment

veto -> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/veto

better description, 'not allow' isn't too accurate
                        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

thank you.. now i know my translation for that word was not very good... but not to bad either
                          thank you guys

Comment

Hi Guys, I just started to translate to polish. I have few questions:
                            1. Is it allowed to deliver the translation which is not 100% finished, or rather finish it and deliver?
                            2. How to recognized when the particular version was released? I am busy from today, but i do not know when is the deadline.

regards

Dominik

Comment

A little text error in tools/preferences/confirmations

Stop virtual SCSI adapter - we should drop the SCSI here as the confirmation also shows up when you stop the virtual IDE adapter.

And a little bug in Virtual Device Manager. Language was English when you have started DT Pro, now you change the language and in virtual device manager the entries are still from the previous language until you click "start scsi adapter".
                              Last edited by Blazkowicz; 27.10.2007, 01:28.
                              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by dgawlow View Post
                                Hi Guys, I just started to translate to polish. I have few questions:
                                1. Is it allowed to deliver the translation which is not 100% finished, or rather finish it and deliver?
                                2. How to recognized when the particular version was released? I am busy from today, but i do not know when is the deadline.
                                regards
                                Dominik
                                Deliver your language file when it's done. But don't forget to send it to the devs within one month.
                                Schreibt mir eine PN!

Comment

Working...
                                X