No announcement yet.

Adobe Creative Suite 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other words, sector scanning is useless for every copy protection except Tages, and then only for v5.

That's pretty limited...

A-Rays sector scan could detect Safedisc and SecuROM for sure. I'm not certain about Starforce (maybe I should dig out my old Chaos Theory disc and try it).

Comment

I'm still using A-Ray to detect copy protection on newly bought games, before they are installed. Just knowing what protection is on a disc is enough to select the right settings in DT-Pro or Alcohol. No need to know the exact version of the protection to create a working image.
      Then after image creation I put the original DVD back into it's box and I install & play the game off the image.

Comment

Let's get back to topic please...
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I made a copy of CS3 Design Premium by making a simple ISO using UltraISO and it worked like a charm.

However I then moved the ISO onto my laptop to see if that made a difference (main machine running vista, the laptop running Windows XP MCE), and I had the same problem of "Insert CD".

I did some digging and I figured out what it was: as some point in time (when I had CS2 installed on the laptop) I installed the programs via the DVD-drive, but during uninstall I kept my profiles (just in case). So I thought "what would happen if I was to get rid off CS2 entirely, including cleaning the registry?". Guess what, it worked, I could install CS3 via the ISO I made.

Hope this works for you mate.

ALEX
          If the minimum wasn't acceptable it wouldn't be called the minimum.

Comment

Working...
          X