Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

İnternal setup error . error code : 14 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    Some security software can block another drivers even if this software is "disabled".
    Uninstall your security soft and then try to install DT to check if the problem is really related to security software, sure if you want to do it.
    Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Originally Posted by Necrowizard View Post
      Ahh yes, I found out what the problem was...

It was the S3D service from IZ3D that conflicted.

If anyone else has the same problem, here's what I did:
      • Goto start - Run - msconfig
      • Click the services tab
      • Click on the manufacturer thing
      • Disable all services that aren't from Microsoft
      • Reboot

If the problem is gone, you can start enabling some services again, reboot again, and find out what the problem was
      That helped. Although i do not think it should be necessary to do that.
      Is there not another way to make this work, without disabling "everything"?

Thanks anyways. I wished i had never wrote disc-soft support...

Comment

RE: internal setup error 14

Same problem here, was causes by ZoneAlarm Free, even after 'shutdown'. Had to uninstall ZoneAlarm (zaSetup_91_007_002_en.exe) and after that I could install DT again.

Comment

If you have ZoneAlarm Pro installed, the quickest way is to uninstall ZoneAlarm Toolbar, which is a small addon program. It solved my problem.

Comment

Not Acceptable

Originally Posted by wb640 View Post
            Same problem here, was causes by ZoneAlarm Free, even after 'shutdown'. Had to uninstall ZoneAlarm (zaSetup_91_007_002_en.exe) and after that I could install DT again.
            This could not be a more ridiculous and inapropriate solution. To have to uninstall security software in order to install another software package is totally unacceptable.

I have used Deamon Lite for years. If this is the best solution you can come up with I quite. There are other solutions out there that do not have this limitation. I have a ton of software on my 'puter that cohabitates with my security software without any problem what-so-ever.

I'm gone!! And others should be also until a REAL solution is implemented.

Comment

@TallKyGuy
              The solution is only to uninstall their toolbar.
              If you would use the search, you would understand it is a problem in ZoneAlarm toolbar which is causing the problem.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Uninstaling Zone alarm toolbar helped, now I can launch daemon tools normaly.

Comment

Comodo Internet Security caused the problem

I've been using DTLite for about 6 months. Then Comodo Internet Security Premium (free) started giving me messages that this app is trying a buffer overflow which was probably an exploit. Thinking that perhaps DTLite had been hacked, I uninstalled it, downloaded and tried to install the latest version. I got this error. I tried all the fixes above and still got this error. I tried disabling all the Comodo services and then exiting the program and still got the error. I then tried another image mounting app and that also would not install. Finally I uninstalled Comodo, and then DTLite installed perfectly.

In my case, the problem seems to have been related to a recent security update from Comodo, and not to be due to the DTLite team.

I have reported this problem on the Comodo forums.

Comment

Comodo problem update

Even after uninstalling Comodo allowed me to install DTlite, isos run by DTlite kept giving me NoCD errors. After a couple of hours messing around, I used System restore to take the system back three days, before the Comdo update. This caused DTLite to work perfectly. However now Comodo is giving me -initialisation failed' errors.

Comment

Hello. I've searched the web with hte same problem (error code 14) and I came across this topic.
                      I'm trying to install Daemon Tools lite 4.30.4.0027
                      I've tried many things already which didn't help.
                      I've even stopped and unchecked in msconfig all the non microsoft native services and unchecked Comodo firewall from loading at startup. Rstarted the computer. The error steel existed.
                      2. I've uninstalled the SPTD by use of SPTDinst-v174-x64.exe. It did help for a while. Daemon passed to the stage of restarting windows but then, after windows startup when the installation continued I've got the same error. When I've checked if the SPTD existed, it was already installed on the system. I suppose Daemon Tools did it, but then it crashed with the above error code 14.

I do not have Zone Alarm and the other stuff.
                      My system is Windows XP 64 bit.
                      What should I do to install Daemon?
                      Is CD Burner XP causing the problem? But it does not have any agent.

Comment

Disable Comodo's D+ (there is an option which requires a reboot).
                        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

Yes Yes Yes!!!!
                          It did help!!!
                          Thank you.

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                            Disable Comodo's D+ (there is an option which requires a reboot).
                            Thank you for this great tip! Disabling Comodo's D+ was able to get me past the user agreement page with an error code 14 whereas it did not even come up at all before.

I followed up on this and uninstalled Comodo from my system. After a reboot, DT was installed successfully and seems to be performing without troubles.

I'm using Vista Home Premium 64-bit btw. I'm just posting to confirm that Comodo does probably mess with DT's installation. I've been struggling with this problem for a while, I'm very happy that it's finally solved.

Comment

Working...
                            X