My ORIGINAL copy of MOHAA/BF1942 fails to run, probably due to SD2's Blacklist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Sapiens
    Windows is actually pretty stable if you take the time to maintain it and use common sense when installing new applications. 8)
    HEY! Thats not very fair!

I made one small mistake, which was allowing windows to restore a recent backup, but for some reason not relating to me, windows refused to boot, safe mode or normal mode, after the restore. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but thats not supposed to happen.

After I recover from this catastrophe, again, for unexplainable reasons certain games fail to work. You can't pin this on me because nobody has said what has caused the problem. Its another of Windows' faults.

Admittedly Windows XP is a lot better than the earlier versions. I have yet to get a BSOD or STOP message once Windows is running properly, the only time I do get them is when my system is completely screwed. I hardlu have to reboot at all after using the PC for a while because of slowdown, but I reckon this is mainly due to the fact I upgraded to 256mb RAM recently.

But lets not forget the scandals which Microsoft are, read here to find out more:

They're actually the same site, but who cares! Click the name which appeals to you most.
    -Chaz

Comment

Originally Posted by Chaz
      All I want is a stable and reliable system! *sob* Too bad all the games/programs I need only run on Windows
      I was referring to that quote, not trying to take cheap shots at your computer abilities. 8)

Comment

SORTED!

Yep, I got it sorted. Wanna know how?

I think I took the long way around:

I reformatted both of my hard drives and did a clean install of windows. Everything works fine now.

I think thats all I need to say, really. Nobody else appears to have ever had this problem, so with any luck I'm the only person who had to do a complete reformat.

Thanks for the help everyone!
        -Chaz

Comment

Working...
        X