Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

I have used the latest version of Alcohol 120 percent (1.9.6.5429) and made a image of the original disk, with DPM measurement on High and Speed set to Maximum, and it lets me install the game, but then it said I have to reboot for Starforce to be installed.

So I Reboot and try to run the game and it says "please insert the original cd/dvd".

How can I run Chaos Theory from a disk image for the purpose of backing up my CD? I am new to Starforce protected games...so I am not sure how to do it with Starforce..

I have tried YASU 1.3 and also I have tried using StarF*ck but it doesn't work for me.

Also I have tried a few registry edits but they didnt work either.

I do not want info on how to burn it to a disk or how to unplug my IDE drives, I just want info on how to run the image without having to do anything like that, if possible.

Thanks

err I hate to bump my own topic but its been like about a week or so..and nobody has answered even though many people who have posted topics after me have gotten several replies..

I am wondering if my topic has been overlooked??

Comment

YASU isn't for starforce.

Try DPM speed 1x and high precision as it seems your image is bad. If this doesnt work try to download a mds file from copybase.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Once I have used the device manager to disable my IDE controller, it has worked fine for me. But that solution doesnt work for everyone, some people have IDE hard drives or video cards so if they did that it would mess their computer up.

So i am wondering what is the universal solution to starforce to get it to run? that will work for everyone, not counting burning to disk, cause obviously that will always work.

and without having to buy some sort of USB hard drive?

I think my image is fine, but star force is not fine at all..
        it is what is keeping me from playing.

By the way copybase is not offering downloads at this time because of "legal status"

Comment

Try http://download.copybase.org/redakti...l%203/SCCT.mds for MDS.

It is not so easy to make it working for everyone as these old Starforce access the real drives. So you have to wait until DT Pro get the "use on own risk" option (it isn't so called, but you will have a warning before activation this option).
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
          X