Can DT be like Alcohol120%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can DT be like Alcohol120%

I have used Alcohol120% to successfully make backups of EE2, TW:Medieval 2, and C&C and am quite satisfied with it. Only thing that bothers me with Alcohol120% is that their tool is not freeware. Then I came across DT but from my forum readings seems it's a product that's not fully complete. Lots of forum posts would point to this and that add-ons to make certain copied games to work. So this leads me to ask:

Can DT be like Alcohol120% and yet be freeware?

Sorry, development costs time and money, so do servers 'n stuff.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

No. DT lite is freeware for person usage, but can't create images.

If you dont have a need for burning your images, Alcohol 52% Free Edition is the best program for you.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by BlackBeard View Post
        I have used Alcohol120% to successfully make backups of EE2, TW:Medieval 2, and C&C and am quite satisfied with it. Only thing that bothers me with Alcohol120% is that their tool is not freeware.
        Can DT be like Alcohol120% and yet be freeware?
        Every one wants something for nothing, if a software meets your needs then support the developer and put food on the table for his family and purchase it.

Your quiet willing to purchase games discs at treble the cost of Daemon Tools Pro or Alcohol, but your not willing to pay a few euro to be able to back them up.. that's sad.

Comment

Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
          Your quiet willing to purchase games discs at treble the cost of Daemon Tools Pro or Alcohol, but your not willing to pay a few euro to be able to back them up.. that's sad.
          Actually a 5 year license for DT Pro Adv (I have three of these, one for each of my computers) is 99, way more than the average game cost, which is a perpetual license.

Still, its good value imho, even at the total of nearly 300 that I paid.

Comment

the request for such features for free is of course allowed here.
            Of course I understand noone want to pay anything - but keep
            in mind that Alc52% and DT Lite are still free available!

Without the paid versions it would be doubtfull if either of that
            versions exists anymore. If you want full support I can only
            suggest you to purchase DT Pro, it is most advanced application
            in this area today

Comment

Working...
            X