Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change the licence to support dual boot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change the licence to support dual boot.

It would be really nice if you guys change the license and hardware identification stuff to allow people to dual boot XP and VISTA. I'm either constantly installing and uninstaling and revoking licenses or forking out more cash for second license I'm only use one computer.

Some of the customers have asked this question a few times already.

I too dual boot & have had to purchase a 2nd licence for my 2nd oS, yes it's a bit frustrating having to have 2 licences for a single user on a single PC, also having to 'Revoke' & re-activate everytime you boot into a different OS is not practical & can be quite annoying.

As I understand it, due to the anti-piracy protection in DT Pro it's not possible to cater for dual boot systems due to the different hardware key present with each OS.

Hopefully the DT devs will find a way around this in the future, but don't hold your breath
    Last edited by joeboy; 21.10.2007, 13:34. Reason: Typo error

Comment

have to admit, i'd also welcome this option... i can understand why its not done though too.... perhaps it will come in later
      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I have the same problem with VirtualPCs. Everytime if I use a VirtualPC I have zu revoke the license. Can you please change this. For Example you can give everyone the chance to use the license with two Hardware-Keys at the same time
        Last edited by MRFRoST; 21.10.2007, 19:35.

Comment

hmm, virtualpc's, i thought virtualpc's etc can't play games due to no directx layer, which kind of limits the use of daemon tools on that platform no?

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
            hmm, virtualpc's, i thought virtualpc's etc can't play games due to no directx layer, which kind of limits the use of daemon tools on that platform no?
            I need virtual pc's not to play games but to create a functional image (on my virtual pc the Starforce driver is not installed)

Comment

the images work?
              cos i thought the data still goes through the drivers in the host, then passed to the guest (virtualpc machine)....

Comment

Working...
              X