Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neighbours from hell 2 & securom

neighbours from hell 2: on vacation is an older game from jowood in 2004

after installing the game from the image and trying to play, it did nothing. after several more tries, still nothing. so i try the original and same thing. wtf ? but that was actually good, it told me that the image should be ok. mds looks good. it's a cd game. i have no problems with securom titles.

so i look around the jowood forums and sure enough it's a known problem. some bullshit about xp sp2. anyway i get the 7mb patch and install it. the original now works just fine. if i try from the image it gives an error that says to put it into another drive. (ok, good - that error we know) so i use yasu and upon trying to play the error no longer comes up... but after a few seconds nothing happens. so from that i deduct that before yasu is used securom knows it's in dt and asks to use another drive, a familiar request. and after yasu the message is no more which means yasu hid the vd well enough. so ????

[05:28:41 AM] SecuROM 4.87.03.0005 detected -> F:\Program Files\JoWooD\NfH2\bin\ar.exe
    [05:28:41 AM] SecuROM 7.00.00.0010 detected -> F:\Program Files\JoWooD\NfH2\bin\game.exe
    [05:28:42 AM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [1.08s] ---

xprot 2 i think as well
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

can devs investigate the logs ??

here's the bushound log for the devs.

one is with original disc and it plays everytime.

the other from dt & image and does nothing. with this log you can see dt empty, then i mount image, then try the game - but it comes up with the "insert into another drive" notification, so i run yasu, and then the notification is no more then nothing.

so can i get someone to look at it please, or do only 1st time posters get a swift reply ?

ps: yes, i called the dt vd sony.

thanks,
      Attached Files

Comment

?????+?????

Comment

Have you tried NOT using YASU but just disabling the IDE-Channels from your CD/DVD-Drives or disableing the CD/DVD-Drives...

Comment

yes, of course, no go.

Comment

And what message do you get?
              Also: What OS do you use and have you tried contacting Jowood support because there is a high possibility that this game uses some new version of XProt (however they didn't use it for some time at all; I don't know if there are newer games that use it again or not) - how old is this game? - and this could cause the problem and therefore it might not be SecuROM related at all...
              Last edited by ghost_zero; 29.10.2007, 18:17.

Comment

huh ?
                i use xp sp2
                the game is from 2004, mentioned already, so it's not a new powerful xprot. (and the only patch for it is also from 2004 and it's only to fix a sp2 issue)
                the original works - the image does not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                it's blacklisting or a bug with dt or something, why is it hard to understand that ?

Comment

Because I know that XProt CAN cause troubles if it is used.
                  e.g. the that you don't get an error message is sorta a problem I once had with XProt too (although it was even with the original here but I wouldn't wonder if it has only troubles with certain drives).

Problem could be that YASU does something XProt doesn't like.
                  Have you tried not using YASU but using vIDE?

And what message (if you got any) did you get the time you disabled your IDE-Channels?

I never said that is a new powerful XProt - to be more exactly I just think that is a buggy XProt (the whole XProt "protection" is buggy/problematic; I guess that was one of the reasons why it isn't used by Jowood anymore).
                  Did you try to change Vendor and Model of the DT Drive and the drive letter (e.g. put it where currently your real drive - with which it works - is and the real drive there where DT drive is currently)?

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost_zero View Post
                    Have you tried not using YASU but using vIDE?
                    yes, still the same result.
                    look, the logs should explain it but there's no one to investigate it ? i haven't sen a post from loctus for several days...

Comment

problem solved...
                      i disconnected the physical drive and bang, off she went.

still, the log should show something.

ps: where's the dt team ?????????????

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
                        ps: where's the dt team ?????????????
                        I also noticed that they seem to be vanished. Maybe they're on vacation

Comment

Working...
                        X