Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ evlncrn8 - Yes I copy-pasted the yasu.exe to the installed directory:

C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite

But it is not detecting the files even if I rename them.

Comment

Just an update: I tried installing the same software (DTlite and YASU) on to a different machine (my laptop). It worked! So I'm guessing the problem is something to do with my desktop - I haven't figured out what the problem is though.

Comment

So there's no solution to this other than formatting my desktop? No suggestions what so ever? I run AVG as security, but I'm sure that's not causing any issues. One difference I noticed between the laptop installation and the desktop installation/s was that the former asked for a language option; while the latter didn't.

Comment

Same problem. DT Lite v.4.35.5.0068 / Yasu 1.6.9040

Unable to locate the file ''daemon.exe'' or ''dtpro.exe''. Please copy... blah.

Tried renaming and everything that was suggested here, still doesn't work. Can someone maybe suggest earlier versions that will work together?

Comment

Originally Posted by ppk55 View Post
            Same problem. DT Lite v.4.35.5.0068 / Yasu 1.6.9040

Unable to locate the file ''daemon.exe'' or ''dtpro.exe''. Please copy... blah.

Tried renaming and everything that was suggested here, still doesn't work. Can someone maybe suggest earlier versions that will work together?
            Yeah, I have the very same problem (with the very same error message). OS: Vista Ultimate 64. No solutions so far!

Comment

...And the only Y.A.S.U. version which works under Vista Ultimate 64 is '1.3', but it's blacklisted!

Comment

twas a pain in the arse but i fixed it. just copy any dll (i copied engine.dll), paste, rename it 'daemon.dll' and toss it back in the daemon tools folder.

did the same thing for the exe error message (cant find daemon.exe), i copied DTLite.exe, pasted it on my desktop, renamed it to 'daemon' (didnt add the .exe, and didnt need to), and tossed it back in the daemon tools folder.

hope this helped, and if anything, gave proof as the previous advice works.

Comment

ok this is it

ok i got this down lol listen it took me a long ass time but you were all wrong... and you were all right just had hald the shit lol

ok so basicly this shit dont work for windows vista 64bit.. why bc the computer world hates us lol

we have to do this our selfs so first off

1. go to your DT directory..
                  2. find your engin.dll file.. copy and past to desk top.
                  3. label it daemon.dll
                  4. after changing name past it again
                  and re name it dtpro.dll
                  5. past them both back into your Dt directory
                  6. change the name ( no copy pasting needed) of your DTexe file to just daemon
                  and it will work .. good luck i think the reason this took me so long is i didnt even know anything about yasu untill like 1 hour ago so i hope this helps but it finally got everything to work for me

Comment

Apologetix I did what you said and it worked great. Thanks a lot, the only thing is I'm running XP and I still got all those errors. So IDK what the issue is.

I think it is the fact that the files in DT Lite dont match those that the current YASU is searching for resulting in the error message. I supposed either YASU will have to change the .dll files it is searching for or users will have to continue to change the .dll files in DT to match YASU needs.

Comment

Originally Posted by Apologetix View Post
                      ok i got this down lol listen it took me a long ass time but you were all wrong... and you were all right just had hald the shit lol

ok so basicly this shit dont work for windows vista 64bit.. why bc the computer world hates us lol

we have to do this our selfs so first off

1. go to your DT directory..
                      2. find your engin.dll file.. copy and past to desk top.
                      3. label it daemon.dll
                      4. after changing name past it again
                      and re name it dtpro.dll
                      5. past them both back into your Dt directory
                      6. change the name ( no copy pasting needed) of your DTexe file to just daemon
                      and it will work .. good luck i think the reason this took me so long is i didnt even know anything about yasu untill like 1 hour ago so i hope this helps but it finally got everything to work for me
                      It don't works : the message its : unable to authenticate DAEMON Tools Lite and or DAEMON Tools Pro

Comment

Originally Posted by DethChikkin View Post
                        twas a pain in the arse but i fixed it. just copy any dll (i copied engine.dll), paste, rename it 'daemon.dll' and toss it back in the daemon tools folder.

did the same thing for the exe error message (cant find daemon.exe), i copied DTLite.exe, pasted it on my desktop, renamed it to 'daemon' (didnt add the .exe, and didnt need to), and tossed it back in the daemon tools folder.

hope this helped, and if anything, gave proof as the previous advice works.
                        THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X