Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the Valve games, and some of the 3rd party games that are published by Valve through Steam, can be bought in the store and then registered through Steam so you can have both. A physical copy, and then a disk-less method of playing the game. Personally, I love Steam's distribution model. I think they're one of the few who got it right. It's not perfect (their policy states they can block accounts if you're caught sharing, and they consider it sharing even if it's in the same house), but overall, I think it's a good system.

Comment

Copy protections and users who are tired to play with original disk is a digital WAR because they don't trust us but we have to trust them... ha ha ha...

Unfortunately the WAR will never end.
      One time YASU will win, then the protection will be enforced, then YASU will be too and etc...
      Its an infinite loop.

Well true fact : Usually before to buy DT Pro, i didn't care about Protection who require original disc so i given to my Player and it was ok.
      BUT, after broken some original disc because using it a lots! There i started to become seriously FURIOUS against PROTECTION COPY.

Look, about Starcraft from Blizzard, i bought 3 original disc...
      About Warcraft 3 Phrozen Throne, i did same...
      THIS IS ABUSED. And i wanna fight against that !
      Yes because when your disc are broken, you request to them to send you another one, its also a War to convince them to send new one to you ! At what price ? Call prices are expensives...

Welcome to Paranoid World, a World where no one trust each other. That's the result, that's why Copy Protection...

So thanks for helping us with Y.A.S.U and i wish you Good Luck and Courage

Comment

cod4 -> sdv4.81

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
          cod4 -> sdv4.81
          What's the content of that here
          It has already been posted in the right section
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

nothing, it was an error, then it was too late to delete.

Comment

I also think the purpose of copy protection is to also wear out your "original disc so you can buy it again". Whats next you have 1 year to play the game before the disc begins to rot after you have open it and breaking the warranty seal in the process lol. And there excuse will be "in one year you will not be thinking about that game since there be great titles to play" this better not become a reality or you looking at lots of angry customers

Comment

I also think the purpose of copy protection is to also wear out your "original disc so you can buy it again". Whats next you have 1 year to play the game before the disc begins to rot after you have open it and breaking the warranty seal in the process lol. And there excuse will be "in one year you will not be thinking about that game since there be great titles to play" this better not become a reality or you looking at lots of angry customers
                I think they won't realize this until they see those (ex)customers

This is also (one of) the reason(s) why I don't like Steam very much: If, for whatever reason, Valve would shut down their servers you couldn't play your payed game anymore. That's why I prefer a disc without any crappy registration scheme on it: I can play the game whenever I want, and not only when someone wants me to can

@Topic: Great news, can't wait to see the next version of your amazing tool sYk0

Comment

Originally Posted by xileF1337 View Post
                  @Topic: Great news, can't wait to see the next version of your amazing tool sYk0
                  Oh yes, me too.

Comment

Originally Posted by sYk0 View Post
                    I know have some free time again to work on a newer version of Y.A.S.U...
                    I'll keep you all updated on the progress of the mewer version...
                    Kind Regards,
                    sYk0
                    As the DT Developers are a bit quiet atm I would like to ask whatґs going on with Yasu. Any progress against the latest lamelists?

Bought more originals the last few days then in the whole year... But I am afraid of patching them to get an only-from-disc-running piece of code...

Thx

Comment

Wait for next DT Pro update which should be available very
                      soon!

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
                        Wait for next DT Pro update which should be available very
                        soon!
                        and what about dt ? or is it abandoned ?

Comment

why should we abandon DT? First DT Pro of course, but new
                          DT release will for sure come after DT Pro release. But as usual,
                          it will take some time as our main focus is now the customers

Comment

well i use dt pro to make images and it's on the net system for activation. to play i use dt. on that setup i have no net so dt pro is useless. and dt is smaller and just right, but if it takes months to catch up it's no good. as for customers, well can we now pretty much say that there will never be a customer's dt, the one that was going to come back, without the serchbar ? that being the case why is the following not possible ? make it so that the dt agent (which is really just dt lite) can be installed by itself. that way, i could install just that on my gaming setup, and i would assume it wouldn't require activation just for that module. and since only customers are supposed to have dt pro this shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Because a pre-activated copy of DT Pro would be too simple to pirate.

I fully accept and understand the activation scheme, but I think it's a bit too harsh that the license only applies to one (1) computer/installation, as many of us utilize multiple computers. When DT Pro is newer and more blacklisting resistant than DT Lite (which will probably be the typical case except for immediately after a new DT Lite release), many customers must consider buying an additional DT Pro license. In order to be qualified for new updates for several years, it's actually quite expensive (IMO) to buy two DT Pro licenses.

For me personally, it was very cheap, because I'm an old DT customer, and got DT Pro Advanced with 5 years of updates without additional costs. But for new customers, I'm thinking that this is a little expensive.
                              Last edited by mastermind; 26.11.2007, 16:45.
                              Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

are you talking to me ?

because nowhere did i say a dt pro. i said the dt agent should be able to be installed by itself from within the dt pro package.
                                so when this new dt pro arrives i would install the dt pro agent (dt lite) on my gaming setup that does not have internet. this way i would have a newer dt lite (which is free anyway so there are no issues)

Comment

Working...
                                X