I cant install it.. help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant install it.. help plz

OK so i tried to install it and then it say "Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in system. Please choose other driver name or maje sure you have rebooted after removal of sofware using same names" . My question is what should i dOO

Operating System: xp
    Burning Software: nero6
    Anti-virus Software: norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: 343

change driver name, reboot and then open
    check again DAEMON installation, you should see a choice (not selected by default) of Expert mode installation .

If you select this mode you will have the choice of drivers name .

Comment

help

Operating System: win2000 sp4
      Burning Software: daemon 3.43
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.43

Originally Posted by the_man
      Operating System: xp
      Burning Software: nero6
      DAEMON Tools Version: 343

change driver name, reboot and then open
      check again DAEMON installation, you should see a choice (not selected by default) of Expert mode installation .

If you select this mode you will have the choice of drivers name .
      hi,everybody
      i also encounter this problem
      so,i look all articles about this error in the forum

can someone tell me how to "change driver name"?

thank you(i am taiwanese!)

Comment

Operating System:
        Burning Software:
        Anti-virus Software:
        DAEMON Tools Version:

Just run the installer and don't do a silent install! (Make sure you have uninstalled daemon tools first, and preferably restarted) There will be two edit boxes that have the driver names in them. Change the names from the default and make sure they are both different from each other.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mnemonic
          Operating System:
          Burning Software:
          Anti-virus Software:
          DAEMON Tools Version:

Just run the installer and don't do a silent install! (Make sure you have uninstalled daemon tools first, and preferably restarted) There will be two edit boxes that have the driver names in them. Change the names from the default and make sure they are both different from each other.
          what is you means "two edit boxes"???
          is that on the folloing picture???

Comment

No,just hit install without checking any of the check boxes.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mnemonic
              No,just hit install without checking any of the check boxes.
              but after hiting install
              it appears the following window:

Comment

Latest version is 3.44

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                  Latest version is 3.44
                  so install the latest version can resolve this problem?????

Comment

When newer version of Daemon Tools is released we don't bother asking questions about older versions and stop their support - we just don't care what happens with them. That is what we work for - fix old issues and make new versions. Our support team is not so big to keep in our heads all versions that were released. In other words: post here problems only concerning latest version.
                    Also never use Silent intall without need - you're asking for trouble.
                    It is for expereinced users only who know what they do.

Comment

Operating System: win2k
                      Burning Software: nero 6
                      Anti-virus Software: na
                      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.43

Well if this is giving this error cause of driver name.. than HOW the HECK do I remove the old driverS? I don't want multiple drivers in my system with names like d343bus.sys and d344bus.sys, and whatever I renamed the 3.44 to get it to install.. that just means we have 3 driver names in registery which is a very POOR way to handle installations. Either please tell us how to properly remove manually all the driver portions or CREATE a Cleaner software to totally clean all references from registery, ect.. since you know where everything is stored.. perhaps just have us type the driver names and you clean them from where they are.. This would fix MOST support issues.. Just like Symantec did with there SymClean cleaner tool.

Comment

Standard uninstall from control panel should remove all drivers. If you didn't do it normally due to some reason then you need delete the files and registy entries manually. It is NOT possible to make a cleaner simply because it won't know what to delete - driver names can be absolutely random. User is given full power of naming the drivers to avoid blacklisting issues, but this will surely give him trouble if he don't understand what he does. This is the price we need to pay if you want to deal with all latest protections - no other way. This tool is not for newbies for sure.
                        The best we can do maybe is only to point to location where drivers are located:
                        User should go to Windows\System32\Drivers and delete drivers with names that HE HAS CHOSEN during setup
                        In Windws 9x he must also check Windows\System\IOSUBSYS.

After files are deleted user needs also remove service registry keys
                        (in NT/2000/XP) under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services with same names.
                        Now after reboot you can be sure no Daemon drivers are loaded in system. You can then go to device manager and you will maybe see some devices with yellow marks: these are devices from Daemon Tools which cannot load now apparently because you just removed their drivers - simply delete them from device manager and your system is clean.

Comment

Working...
                        X