do you need a modchip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you need a modchip?

my question is this. is it possible to copy or burn ps2 games onto disk and have them work in playstation console without a mod chip. thanks ahead of time

not to my knowledge. Afaik, a mod-chip is still required.

Comment

You can get a swap disc, but I believe you'll need to modify the lid on your console so you can exchange the swap disc for the backup copy. I've never done it myself (don't even own a PS2), but that's what I've heard.

Comment

Yeah, just use a swap disc which you can download from eMule, as to open the lid, if its a small ps2 you cant... but if its a standard (fat) one then tweezers will work perfectly just stick it through the corner on the right and open the drive swap discs and done =P

Comment

I don't know if it is a fake or not probably yes but some people claims that they use a hardware failure (I don't know the exact wording in English) of PS2 USB key to run PS2 games without modchip.

Probably a way to increase the number of sells ...

La Memor32 permet de gérer ses sauvegarde via son PC, et de stocker tout vos fichiers sur votre PC.
          Grande compatibilité : 1 500 jeux testés et fonctionnels.
          This means that the USB key is compatible with 1500 games in term of game progress backup but one can easily (and probably again wrongly) understand that this key allows to backup 1500 games which doesn't mean at all the same thing !!!

Again please don't trust everything without double or more checks.

Olivier

Comment

Originally Posted by SkalariaK View Post
            Yeah, just use a swap disc which you can download from eMule, as to open the lid, if its a small ps2 you cant... but if its a standard (fat) one then tweezers will work perfectly just stick it through the corner on the right and open the drive swap discs and done =P
            First off, don't suggest downloading stuff through P2P services like that. Second, that wouldn't work anyway. The whole point of a swap disc is that you CANNOT just burn the necessary information. You have to have a physical copy that's been pressed. That is the very reason they exist. If you want to use a swap disc, you have to buy a physical copy.

Comment

Working...
            X