Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Software for burning pictures on CD data side

New User

Default Software for burning pictures on CD data side

Very often when I burn CDs I use not the full space (for example burn only 300MB)/ Visually one part of the CD differs from the other... I think everybody noticed that. It would be great to burn more data in the way to form any graphic pictures or text (CD-Title) on the Data-side. No need in Markers!!! Just a look on the other side! Can anybody recommend such a program? Or do they exist?

It is possible to "tattoo" a CD, however it is not software-based (at least not only).
    Yamaha had the same idea as you some weeks or months ago and released the CRW-F1 with the so-called DiscT@2 (say "disctattoo") feature. This does exactly what you are asking for.

With normal CD-R(W) drives, this is unfortunately not possible.

Sergei

New User

As far as I know Yamaha burns data and the picture at the same place. I don't know how exactly they do this (probably uses 2 layers);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    but i want place the picture in the UNUSED, free space on a simple CD-R. Why is not it possible? We only need to write some data at the desired place and no more.

NO! This Disct@2 isn't mixed up with the original content. In fact, the Yamaha offers EXACT the function that you're looking for. It's impossible to write sensefull data and the tattoo at the same place, a CD-R isn't multilayercapable and even if some manufacturer creates anytime such media, you need new burners cause this requires new Laserpickup (means: new burners)

And this function couldn't be realized through software only, you need special circuits to do so.

if you want make the pic in the unused place you need a YAMAHA writer
    if you have one and don't know how to do it consult your manual or yamaha.com

bjblaszkowicz wrote:
    if you want make the pic in the unused place you need a YAMAHA writer
    Yes, bjblaszkowicz, 2 Guys above your post already found out that :mrgreen:

New User

This new technology was developed by Yamaha's optical storage engineers, which allows the laser to tattoo graphics, text and designs onto the unused outer portion of any CD-R disc. Over a decade of research has been invested in achieving the absolute precision necessary to make this innovative process a reality. DiscT@2 is made possible through Yamaha's industry-leading control of key elements of recording including: 1) tracking; 2) rotation; 3) laser intensity and positioning. The DiscT@2 feature is a true showcase of Yamaha's technology leadership in the CD-R/RW industry.

taken from: http://www.cdfreaks.com/news2.php3?ID=4210
    DON\'T STEP ON GRASS, SMOKE IT!!!

New User

sry for the double post :oops:
    DON\'T STEP ON GRASS, SMOKE IT!!!

thats ok, it's fixed now

New User

Thanks to all, who answered and recommended Yamaha writer. But I do not still understand WHY common recorders can not write something on unused space and what circuits are needed for the purpose. I do not need "high" quality pictures, just some letters. It is clear that the answer is in understanding the process of CD creation, but maybe somebody can explain in a few words :wink: ? Or give a good link....

Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast