No announcement yet.

Crysis Protection Type?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've managed to stop the message about emulation software to appear, but now it says: Please use the original CD, and not a Copy.

Is it even possible to crack the copyprotection and make a working image?
    One sheep - Many Sheepah.

Comment

Your image is bad, recreate it. Adjust DPM Settings (speed low/high) and retry.
      Upgrade your programs:
      DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

Originally Posted by ..::shiFt::.. View Post
        Your image is bad, recreate it. Adjust DPM Settings (speed low/high) and retry.
        Nope that's not the problem I'm sorry to say, I to am trying to get my backup of Crysis (American) to work and am presented with that message.

I was told the same exact thing about the image being bad of my original copy of Resident Evil 4 back a few months or more ago. However I found that to be wrong since no matter how many times I recreated the image, no matter what settings or speed used I was still presented with the emulator detected or timeout while authenticating errors.

This is definitely a blacklist (Probably a poorly implemented one) by the new version 7.xx of Securom that I and we hope will be fixed soon once the D-Tools devs or Syko (Yasu) finds out what is exactly the problem or what is now being blacklisted as opposed to before.:wink:
        Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
        Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

Originally Posted by muffinhead View Post
          Nope that's not the problem I'm sorry to say, I to am trying to get my backup of Crysis (American) to work and am presented with that message.
          I was told the same exact thing about the image being bad of my original copy of Resident Evil 4 back a few months or more ago. However I found that to be wrong since no matter how many times I recreated the image, no matter what settings or speed used I was still presented with the emulator detected or timeout while authenticating errors.
          This is definitely a blacklist (Probably a poorly implemented one) by the new version 7.xx of Securom that I and we hope will be fixed soon once the D-Tools devs or Syko (Yasu) finds out what is exactly the problem or what is now being blacklisted as opposed to before.:wink:

I managed to cloak my DT by installing version 4.06 instead.

But I get the please insert original CD still.

Comment

Originally Posted by muffinhead View Post

well, 'emulator detected' or similar is a blacklist.

But 'timeout while authenticating' or 'use the original CD' should be caused by a bad image.
            Upgrade your programs:
            DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

Originally Posted by ..::shiFt::.. View Post
              well, 'emulator detected' or similar is a blacklist.

But 'timeout while authenticating' or 'use the original CD' should be caused by a bad image.
              Well at least for Crysis I get the "Emulator Detected" error along with a link to the Securom website. Same thing happened with Resident Evil 4, except after a few tries it finally starts. This leads me to believe that our images our fine, and the Securom blacklist used to blacklist D-Tools or Yasu now is relatively weak and poorly implemented. I've come to this conclusion since I've tried and retried with all settings to no avail and still does the same thing.

So someone may want to look into this, because if this is the case and they are using a poorly implemented or weak blacklist, it should be relatively easy to overcome and bypass.
              Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
              Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

Re

hello,

install Daemon tools 4.06 and yasu 1.3 with SPTD 1,5...
                Than it works ;-)

Comment

hi,
                  can confirm a working setup with the following versions:
                  • dt 4.06
                  • spdt 1.51 (beta) - have to use this version because of incompatibility issues with intel raid setups
                  • yasu 1.4.7080

anyway, i observed two hickups with this setup:
                  1. sometimes i have to change driveletters of physical and virtual dvd/cd drives in order to bring crysis up. but crysis helps a lot here, as the popup tells what driveletter it expects.
                  2. sometimes i need two or three retries. if it fails a popup to insert the correct dvd comes up.

well, it's far from perfect, but it works fine enough to leave my original dvd in the box!

Comment

so what?

4.06 works, but 4.10 doesn't?

very strange, just hope the rest of my games work with 4.06
                    Regard Solway

Comment

can anyone give link to 4.06 version?
                      Regard Solway

Comment

It seems some users don't know how to search.

Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

Hey, I did search but didn't find anything - So don't get started

Anyway - I can't make a working image if I can't select copyprotectiontype in A 52%.

Comment

I was referring to solway

You just select DPM (Data Position Measurement) high and try different speeds if one isn't working for you.

Also 4.11.1 is out
                            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

It's just that I need to use 4.06, since I don't know if 4.11 is blacklisted(Is it?) Anyway, I got "Normal" and "Fast" as the selectable options, and then a 10x - Maximum reading speed,

So I just selected "Fast" and "10x" to start off with, going to select Normal and 10 if it doesn't work - If neither works, I kinda got a problem :P

Comment

No matter what speed and settings I choose at DPM, it says reading error :|

Comment

Working...
                                X