Translation related bugs in DT Pro 4.11.0219.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translation related bugs in DT Pro 4.11.0219.0

Starting this new thread for the latest release of DT Pro.

There are still some strings that are displayed in English, and not read from the chosen translation. I've so far noticed the following:
    * Burn image with Astroburn (in context menu in the Image Catalog) is displayed in English regardless of language chosen
    * The column headers "Last Mounted Drive" and "Last Mounted Time" in the Image Catalog (Details view) are still displayed in English and not translated

Other than that, there is a little bug in Preferences:
    * when hovering the mouse cursor over the "Use proxy server" checkbox, the tooltip displayed is wrong. It says "Launch DTPro Agent automatically on system startup". The other controls on the Connection settings page don't seem to have any tooltips.

I've only seen such trivial and small bugs so far, and that's good Great work, DT team.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Add SCSI Virtual Drive and Add IDE Virtual Drive in Tools Menu are in English too.

Comment

Originally Posted by OlivierFromFrance View Post
      Add SCSI Virtual Drive and Add IDE Virtual Drive in Tools Menu are in English too.
      I can't reproduce that. In my installation, those strings are shown correctly. They are strings number 5253 and 5254 in the translation DLL.

Comment

Yes FRE.DLL delivered is not the up to date one !

I will resend this DLL as soon as poosible.

Olivier

Comment

By the way, you should also translate the new 49 strings which are new in DT Pro 4.11.0219.0.

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
            By the way, you should also translate the new 49 strings which are new in DT Pro 4.11.0219.0.
            Yes I have already started that

Comment

Originally Posted by OlivierFromFrance View Post
              Yes I have already started that
              Very good!
              Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
              Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
              Schreibt mir eine PN!
              If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

One of the most obvious translation-related bugs is that messages in Windows-style text boxes (e.g. 'No update available' and many error messages) stay in English no matter how many times I refresh/restart. Does this happen in other languages as well?

Comment

Yes, I can confirm that the "No update available" message is displayed in English in my installation also.

Comment

Same on the german translation. We'll get this crap fixed
                    Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
                    Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
                    Schreibt mir eine PN!
                    If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

Just found a wrong tooltip on 'Use proxy server'. It uses the one for automatic startup.
                      Last edited by Timmnuv; 08.12.2007, 01:55.

Comment

Originally Posted by Timmnuv View Post
                        Just found a wrong tooltip on 'Use proxy server'. It uses the one for automatic startup.
                        Already reported

Comment

Please post all english strings here and where you can see it in program, so developers only have to look into this topic.

Click on the arrow next to Switch All and you will see "Add or Remove Buttons". Clicking on this you will see "Customize..." Clicking on this you will nearly see only English strings except the right column of Commands. Also when clicking there on New, Rename and Delete everything is still in English (also the warning at Delete).

Image catalog, select an image and select mount. Captions and buttons are still in English. When creating a new folder it is called "New folder".

Event manager, the events are still displayed in English.

Add images, you will see "All supported images" and "All Files". It works with agent, but not in GUI.

At recent used image if the image isn't found it will display "Invalid link".

At image details and image creation it will display "bytes" and "sectors"

Do a right click on caption at the top and it is still in English.

Do an update check and it's still in English.

Removing dtpro.key will cause an error message in English. Activation screen is also in English.

Click on help, about and "This software ...".

So far that's all i found and isn't already reported in this thread.
                          Last edited by Blazkowicz; 08.12.2007, 10:44.
                          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

When doing update check and server is not available it will give you the error "Connection to server failed.
                            Please check your internet connection and any firewall software you may have." Clicking on Connection settings... will also display English strings.

BTW disc-soft is currently down
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

When adding multiple virtual drives and then doing ALT+TAB you will see the following as caption of DT Pro:

Operation in progress...

And in help/about you will see "About Daemon Tools Pro" as caption (you can also see with ALT+TAB)
                              Last edited by Blazkowicz; 08.12.2007, 21:12.
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                              X