X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Tschens Brems View Post
    However, I found a solution meanwhile.
    Solution for what problem ?
    You haven't told us how your concers were affected by the original policy, or even what your concerns are.

Did you consider that "NOW WITH PRICE ADVANTAGE FOR MULTI-LICENSES" refers to that one (1) change after your "complaint" ? It simply was posted on start page a few days later; there is no new change you have to miss.

P.S.: Subforums is called "Suggestions". I haven't read a single one.
    Last edited by Terramex; 26.12.2007, 19:37.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Solution for what problem ?
      You haven't told us how your concers were affected by the original policy, or even what your concerns are.
      Did you consider that "NOW WITH PRICE ADVANTAGE FOR MULTI-LICENSES" refers to that one (1) change after your complain ? It simply was posted on start page a few days later; there is no new change you have to miss.
      P.S.: Subforums is called "Suggestions". I haven't read a single one.

OK, you need it the direct way:
      My solution: use Virtual CD 9.2.0.0. Does EXERYTHING you need! Bought 5 Licenses for about 65 Euro, update for all 5 is 35 .

My concerns: Have 8 Computers here (3 children), need at least for 5 an apropriate software to produce and mount images. Not willing to pay >> 100 Euro PER YEAR!

Suggestion: Make your software cheaper and more user-friendly (activation is annoying).

Comment

Aren't these PC's in a LAN? If they are, there is no need for 5 PC's being able to create images, you'll only need one. Then you can swap images over the network or just share the folder containing your images and let all other PC's mount over the network.
        In that case you only need one license of DT Pro and all other PC's can run DT Lite.

Comment

Yes, you are basically right. But unfortunately, there are too many games that work only with vIDE...

Comment

Yeah, kind of a problem now with DT Lite. Latest Tages and Safedisc only work using vIDE.

Hint to DT devs: a special version of DT Lite with vIDE would be nice Ofcourse not freeware, but also cheaper than DT Pro Advanced, because it can only mount images, not create them.

Comment

@Tschens Brems
              I haven't asked for your solution but your concerns (something i usually expect in a thread start).
              But i'm not really surprised you've chosen (what you call) "the direct way".
              I'd call that offtopic and tactless, just my two cents.
              Last edited by Terramex; 26.12.2007, 21:07.
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I find it amusing that you're telling me to stay objective. I was simply trying to point out the logic that you had seemingly overlooked. I'm more objective about this than you are, it would seem. I already have one license, and don't need another for my second computer, so the pricing doesn't concern me as it does you. In fact, if you really need 5 licenses, then it would appear to me that the 4-user license dropping in price would be a good thing to you.

Or were you simply assuming it would be as great of a deal as the 2-user license was? You know what happens when you make an assumption...

Comment

I find this thread interesting. Here's someone who - as a potential customer, not a troll - points out a pricing structure that's rather unusual and non-intuitive. The pricing is immediately 'fixed' by raising the prices (for the most part). Of course, it's DT's or Disc-Soft's right to change prices up or down, but it's also a customer's right to complain about said pricing. Why do people here seem so defensive about it?

FWIW, I paid for the only license of DT I'm ever likely to need long ago, and I don't regret it. Sadly, I also find the activation requirements of DT-Pro (and some other software I've paid for) annoying, so I'm sure I'll eventually be moving away from it.

Comment

Because there are constructive ways and non-constructive ways to complain. His is sort of a cross between the two. Maybe it's more accurate to say, he needs to be more tactful in his "negotiations" if you will.

Not to mention, that his original post made no mention of the fact that he was considering purchasing multiple licenses. He made it seem that he was merely pointing out the inconsistencies in the pricing, which made me question why it was so important to him.

Would I mind seeing the prices go down? Not at all. But I have no vested interest either way, so it makes little difference to me.
                    Last edited by Jito463; 27.12.2007, 18:56.

Comment

DT Pro Advanced v4.30 now 39.90 euros (14% increase)...I guess the credit crunch just gets worse!

Shouldn't it be getting cheaper not more?!?

30 euros would seem more justifiable and realistic - couldn't DT have an offer period just to see how much sales would increase?

Comment

Price were raised due to the new burning engine.
                        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                        X