Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Pls update your Translations for DT 4.11 !

Experienced User OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

Quote Originally Posted by jdaniel View Post
    it would be nice to have a changelog for the DLL. What is changed, new strings no. 12345-13456 etc
    Strings that are already translated shouldn't be necessary to update (in connection with new updates). I don't agree that it would be appropriate or necessary to have a changelog when a new language file comes out. The only thing you have to do is to translate the empty strings, and there's normally not more than 10-15 strings with each new update.
    Last edited by mastermind : 18.01.2008 at 11:24

TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

Quote Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
    The only thing you have to do is to translate the empty strings, and there's normally not more than 10-15 strings with each new update.
    I totally agree with this. I was referring when and if strings are changed, corrected, replaced etc.

Thanks,
    OJi.

UKRAINIAN TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

it would be nice to have a changelog for the DLL. What is changed, new strings no. 12345-13456 etc
    If you have a Visual Studio or any other resource editor capable of handling unicode message tables you can copy messagetable resource from DLL into a .RC file and compare for changes with any text comparer tool.

I totally agree with this. I was referring when and if strings are changed, corrected, replaced etc.
    Thanks,
    OJi.
    Yes, if existing strings change mentionably (i.e. the meaning/message of the string changes), I agree with you. We would obviously need to be notified of a change that would need our attention. But that said, I neither think nor hope that it will happen. Existing strings should always keep their meaning, and if a string gets obsoleted, it should simply be removed and the string ID not to be re-used.

Thanks for repying. Again I agree with you.
    OJi.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Strings that are already translated shouldn't be necessary to update.
    I must disappoint you. The existing strings are changed from time to time in new releases. You just may not know about it.
    I watch for it every time comparing old and new DLLs the way I described earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
    I must disappoint you. The existing strings are changed from time to time in new releases. You just may not know about it.
    I watch for it every time comparing old and new DLLs the way I described earlier in this thread.
    I'm in no doubt that the strings are updated; small grammatical corrections and such. But I have a hard time believing that they change meaning, in other words that the purpose or message is changed. I have done comparisons myself in the past, without seeing any significant changes to existing strings. If you insist that there has been significant changes to existing strings, please give examples so that I can check my translation.

Yes ! Many thanks ! This is how it should be.
    OJi.

If you insist that there has been significant changes to existing strings, please give examples so that I can check my translation.
    The meaning changes are not significant, but if you want stay close to original string you need to change your translation as sometimes wording is changed significantly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast