Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

your suggestions for new features in Astroburn?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your suggestions for new features in Astroburn?

Guys!

We would really appreciate to learn your opinions and suggestions for new features in Astroburn!

I mean what is most required to be added in new versions, and overall what in your opinion would have been most valuable to add?

Disc copy - copy on the fly, insert one disk which you want to copy in one drive and a blank media into your recorder.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Disc copy - copy on the fly, insert one disk which you want to copy in one drive and a blank media into your recorder.
      Exactly this feature I wish myself also in the new version of Astroburn.

Comment

Not a new feature, but important IMO:
        Lower memory usage on image burning

New feature:
        If I burn for example a data disc and I don't choose to finalize it (either because I forgot, or perhaps I change my mind later), it would be great to have the opportunity to finalize it later on, preserving the session(s) already burnt to the disc. This doesn't seem to be possible now. Unless I have another application able to do this, I would now have to burn the data to a brand new disc and select finalize when burning that one (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Change request:
        Change default setting for "Finalize" to yes (checked checkbox)? Today the default is no (unchecked checkbox). Of course I can't be absolutely sure whether everyone would agree, but I believe it is the most common scenario for most users to finalize/close the discs.

By the way, thank you so much for Astroburn. There weren't exactly too many decent free or cheap burning applications available before Astroburn came along.
        Last edited by mastermind; 21.12.2007, 02:24.
        Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
          yes, fully agree

Comment

Add extra side kick as the "LightScribe" option a freeware technology from HP.

If your CD/DVD hardware have the ability to Print own Labels direct on your CD/DVD.. then you can choose the extra in Astroburn instant of using other vendor(s) release to provide such direct print.

I use the inkless freeware labeling for a quiet long time and is support by Windows XP & Vista as well.

It's just my small sugestion to improve the already well done ASTROBURN free software..

Thanks for the Astroburn!
            Last edited by res1; 25.12.2007, 02:52.
            Best regards..

Comment

Could you add some ASTROBURN screenshots?.. Can't seem to find what the software (interface) looks like anywhere.

Comment

Originally Posted by nimd4 View Post
                Could you add some ASTROBURN screenshots?.. Can't seem to find what the software (interface) looks like anywhere.
                Why not just install it and see for yourself.
                Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Downloaded & installed and Tested all options and now come with a few new sugestion:

1. Write Speed: listed as 1.2.3.4.8.10.12.16.24.32.40.48
                  Need setup as Default >> Auto << (is missed)

Main Screen layouts need:
                  On the Left site
                  EXPLORER (with current all System directory + Devices)
                  On the right site from Buttom to up devide 2 screens:

1. Upper Screen (any hidlighted directory from Explorer
                  shows here full openning and listing.

2. Buttom Screen (design to work as Queue Section)
                  need to drop or copy from the Upper Screen.

Note:
                  Explorer reside in the upper part of the screen.

Below in the lower part of the screen all of the
                  Astroburn Options have build-in and provide support.

=========================================

At the current Status Astroburn doesn't provide and support
                  full options to create independent Image from several grup of data from other source Data like Hard Drive include some part from even CD/DVD.

Astroburn Support creation of CD/DVD disc Image and save in several formats like ISO.. and burn or use to burn other software like say the Alcohol.

I'm hardly trying to create DVD from several Data locate on Hard Drive as well as on other two DVD.. and unsuccessfully gave-up!

The main my sugestion is to make the Astoburn build-in with
                  the most same Options as are build-in the (buggie) Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 which consist of all I mention above and more..
                  Best regards..

Comment

The option to delete original files on hard disk if verification is OK would be nice. It should ask the user, of course, and not just delete it then.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by mastermind View Post
                      Why not just install it and see for yourself.
                      Right, Main Interface, Devices Info...

Comment

is there no unicode support? i cannot burn stuff like:

Antique - Σε θέλω.mp3

if i want to burn it i got the error that this file cannot be added to my data cd

Comment

Would be nice if we could select which mode the disc get burned with.
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

It would be nice to get the translations strings before the release so you could get an updated language file before release.
                            Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
                            Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
                            Schreibt mir eine PN!
                            If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

1) Ability to select burning mode, especially for audio CDs.

2) Support for BWF wavs, AIF, AAC, FLAC & APE for audio CDs.

Comment

Working...
                              X