X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove DAEMIN TOOLS searchbox from FireFOX

Hello!
    After many attempts, i've found that it is easy:
    just start Firefox in "safe mode" (Start menu > Programs > Mozilla > Firefox (safe mode)), after closing all firefox windows, and select to reset all features, except bookmarks, then restart firefox. Fot IE7, choose another default search provider (e.g. Google) and then remove daemontools' one.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 18.02.2009, 18:19.

Comment

Guys I also having this f#*RU*REW daemon search bullshit toolbar in the top right hand corner of my firefox. I don't know where it came from. I don't have daemon tools installed, i don't have WhereU and I don't have Advantage either. I never installed any of this crap it just showed up. Tonight is the first time I noticed it. How do i get rid of it? I tried what's recommended below and it didn't help at all. It jus tremoved a bunch of stuff I wanted and left "Daemon Search"! Please help

Originally Posted by piiippaaa View Post
      Hello!
      After many attempts, i've found that it is easy:
      just start Firefox in "safe mode" (Start menu > Programs > Mozilla > Firefox (safe mode)), after closing all firefox windows, and select to reset all features, except bookmarks, then restart firefox. Fot IE7, choose another default search provider (e.g. Google) and then remove daemontools' one.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally Posted by brh986 View Post
        Guys I also having this f#*RU*REW daemon search bullshit toolbar in the top right hand corner of my firefox. I don't know where it came from. I don't have daemon tools installed, i don't have WhereU and I don't have Advantage either. I never installed any of this crap it just showed up. Tonight is the first time I noticed it. How do i get rid of it? I tried what's recommended below and it didn't help at all. It jus tremoved a bunch of stuff I wanted and left "Daemon Search"! Please help
        My search engine is at default google but I can click on the image at the left of the search bar 2 select another search engine or manage search engines where I am then able 2 remove a search engine...
        Perhaps it will work for you, I am using FF v3.0.14.
        Never cross a bridge until you come to it

Comment

A solution

Hi everybody,
          To get rid of the Daemonsearch page, you need to use a free utility called HijackThis.
          HijackThis - Trend Micro USA

Download it and install it, and click the button that says "Do A System Scan Only". A new window will open, and the utility will generate a long list of items.

Now, please be careful from here on in--you only need to remove one thing! You are looking for an entry that contains the phrase: "http://www.daemon-search.com/startpage".
          Here is how the Daemonsearch entry looked on my machine:

When you find it, put a check mark in the small box on the left-hand side. Now click the button that says, "Fix Checked". A confirmation window will appear, asking if you want to delete or repair the item; click "Yes". The homepage hijacker is now gone from your system.

Now, go to Add/Remove Programs, and check once more for the program entries mentioned elsewhere in this thread. If you don't want the Daemon Tools Toolbar, remove it now.

Now, open your browser(s) and change your homepage. On Firefox and IE, you do this by clicking "Tools" and then "Options" or "Internet Options". Now, change your home page setting to a blank page, or Google, or anything you like--but you must change your homepage, because right now it probably has the DaemonSearch page URL stuck in there somewhere. Make sure the changes are applied, then close your browsers and reboot your machine.

Once Windows has restarted, fire up your browser. Everything should be back to normal.

Comment

just re-choose your homepage. worked for me in firefox
            my blog

Comment

why cant someone just tell us how to uninstall this ..why did they even make it this difficult.. and yes we realize we could of de-selected the option to install....but thats besides the point...for whatever reason we didnt so tell us how to fix it... why did they make it like this anyway im sure they will lose quite a few customers because of this

Comment

Found out how to remove DAEMON Tools search engine on Google Chrome. It might be similar for Firefox and/or Internet Explorer.

1. Click the wrench in the top right corner. (Probably Tools on Firefox)
                2. Click Options.
                3. Click Manage Search Engines.
                4. Hover over the search engine you want and click Make default on the right. (I use Google)
                5. Delete the ones you don't want by clicking the X in the same spot.

Hope this helps.

Comment

remove deamon seach plug-in in your browser

In th google chrome browser
                  >>>>>
                  >>>
                  >>
                  go to> Setting> Option> search>

and select your desire search engine<<<<<<
                  <<<<<<<<
                  ^_^
                  .................................................. ............

Comment

Working...
                  X