Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here's some criticism for you. Whether it's constructive or not, I'll let you judge. Nix the voice at startup. It's very annoying.

*EDIT*
    Never mind, I found the option to disable "speech". But it's still annoying that it's enabled by default.

Comment

will be disabled by default in next build.. promise
      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Beta

I just wanted to say thank you too Great job, on a nice piece of software. And its really easy to use.

Comment

thx cdkiller2k and thx to anyone who was involved in making this!

greets to cdkiller & bob2k from Neo, please

Comment

I do have one suggestion for ProtectionID, and it's something that's always bugged me about it. With A-Ray scanner, it will only display relevant results, e.g. it only displays the actual copy protection detected. In PID, it displays EVERY file that it scans, regardless of whether the file is copy protected or not. If I'm scanning an entire directory or a disc, I then have to scroll through a number of listings in order to find the ONE that I'm looking for. It's the sole reason why I still keep A-Ray on my system, in spite of it not being updated anymore.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
              I do have one suggestion for ProtectionID, and it's something that's always bugged me about it. With A-Ray scanner, it will only display relevant results, e.g. it only displays the actual copy protection detected. In PID, it displays EVERY file that it scans, regardless of whether the file is copy protected or not. If I'm scanning an entire directory or a disc, I then have to scroll through a number of listings in order to find the ONE that I'm looking for. It's the sole reason why I still keep A-Ray on my system, in spite of it not being updated anymore.
              Enable Log Filter

Comment

Hmm, I wasn't sure what that was, so I didn't mess with it. That helps, though it still focuses on things that don't matter (like [-= Installer =-] Wise Installation Wizard Module !). I suppose the only thing left is to disable auto-scrolling in the log window. Makes it hard to read existing scans until the scan is completely finished. I looked through the configuration page and didn't find any reference to scrolling in the log window.

Comment

watch the 'protection log' window instead of the main log window (2nd button down on the left side)

autoscroll on the main log window (1st button, left side) is always enabled, because other things can use it as well... so it probably wont be disabled anytime in the near future

i could make another option to 'skip' types..
                  like the installer etc you mentioned...

skip installer, skip dongle etc..

would that help?

documentation would also help, cdk's doing that though, should arrive soon... its a beta for a reason

v5 also had a log filter if i remember right.. haven't looked at it in ages tho..

Comment

Ah, that makes a world of difference. I'm used to the "log window" from PID v5, so that's where I looked automatically in PID v6. I don't really care about the installer detections, but it doesn't make much sense to bother with if you ask me.

*EDIT*
                    By the way, one more option might be to "clear" the log window, so we don't have to close PID to clear it.

*EDIT2*
                    No, PID v5 didn't have a filter on it.
                    Last edited by Jito463; 31.12.2007, 19:05.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
                      *EDIT*
                      By the way, one more option might be to "clear" the log window, so we don't have to close PID to clear it.
                      try right clicking in the windows...

a lot of things in pid6 have context menus when right clicked.. like the folderwatch etc..

*EDIT2*
                      No, PID v5 didn't have a filter on it.
                      hmm think you're right, well at least the public one didnt...
                      my memory is a bit fuzzy about v5, compared to v6 its a dinosaur heh

Comment

Great program!
                        Any chance for adding audiocd protection detecting?
                        Although the program size is still small,it's loaded with some features that have nothing to do with protection scanning.Wouldn't mind to see those repleaced with some CDS200 or Key2Audio discoverers...

Comment

well plugins might support that later on.. if you have more info on the cds/key2audio thing pm me, and we'll see what can be done.. but protection id is a protection scanner.. not a remover

Comment

Edit: sorry, was answered before, deleted!
                            Last edited by Cry_Baby; 01.01.2008, 00:59. Reason: was answered before

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
                              well plugins might support that later on.. if you have more info on the cds/key2audio thing pm me, and we'll see what can be done.. but protection id is a protection scanner.. not a remover
                              CDS200 == Cactus Data Shield is a copy protection not some kind of DRM so it should be easy enough to add. I have a protected disc here somewhere IIRC. (edit: I do, the presence of an 800MB dummy file named yucca.cds reveals it, as well as a copy protection label on the disc itself.)
                              I'm pretty sure Key2Audio is similar.

Congrats on getting PID v6 public beta out, looks promising.
                              Last edited by Kitna; 01.01.2008, 20:27.
                              Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

cheers, i'll try researching it, i have no audio disks with protection here so currently any of the scanning code for this will be theory (unless cdkiller has a protected audio disk)... for example, is the yucca.cds generic amongst all cactus data shield protected disks etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X