Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's something I can't remember. Pretty sure it's always *random*.cds though. I only have 1 disc protected by CDS that I can think of ATM. 'A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step' if anyone's interested.
    Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

I find it a little bit too overloaded. When I want to search for a copy protection, I have to search a while before finding the correct bottun, i.e. too much other stuff which I donґt need. I mean, Iґm in a need of a small but very successful tool to find out the copy protection on cds and dvds, nothing more or ellse! But hey, thats just my opinion on such a tool, nothwithstanding that, I must thank those guys who make themself the work to offer us such a tool (free of charge that too!!)!
      Tried it on Anno 1701 which has Tages, didnґt find any protection on the dvd!?
      DT & AS Customer. AS Support Team Member.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ptolomeus3 View Post
        I find it a little bit too overloaded. When I want to search for a copy protection, I have to search a while before finding the correct bottun, i.e. too much other stuff which I donґt need. I mean, Iґm in a need of a small but very successful tool to find out the copy protection on cds and dvds, nothing more or ellse! But hey, thats just my opinion on such a tool, nothwithstanding that, I must thank those guys who make themself the work to offer us such a tool (free of charge that too!!)!
        Tried it on Anno 1701 which has Tages, didnґt find any protection on the dvd!?
        Di you try scanning the install directory on your hard disk?
        Elfen Lied - unangefochtene Spitze der Animes.
        Habt ihr was an der dt. Sprachdatei zu meckern?
        Schreibt mir eine PN!
        If you've got questions that do not concern to account or hardware incompabilty stuff, you can write me a PM. Otherwise use our forum!

Comment

I agree, Ptolomeus. I think they should have a leaner version that does nothing but scan for copy protections, and then a bulkier version for all the extra cra....err, stuff that they want to include with it.

As you said, I appreciate the time and effort they put into this, but it's too much. It needs to be slimmed down.

Comment

mentioned in other forums.. there will be a 'lite' version too
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Why not just a button or menu item to switch to 'lite' mode? Or even better: let the program start in lite mode, with a button to switch to advanced mode. That way it won't look overwhelming at startup (because with all those buttons it would probably be hard to find the 'lite' button)
              Last edited by Reef; 07.02.2008, 16:00.

Comment

lite mode will be a different exe, sort of like dt lite -> dt everything else.. for those people who wouldn't use the extras the full version has to offer, it will also be about 200kb smaller..

Comment

That would be great, although i would use both sometimes i think!
                  I love to see the final version

Comment

Good news. One of the reasons I still keep A-Ray scanner around is because of the simple, intuitive interface.

Comment

apart from it being out of date and false positive prone?

Comment

Yes, in spite of that.

Comment

I agree with you jito, and as I said, such a tool should be simple, have a intiutive interface and be really successful in what it does! If ProtectionID becomes such a tool, then our prayers where heard :-)
                          Anyway, thanks for the excellent and hard work guys!
                          DT & AS Customer. AS Support Team Member.

Comment

new version release 6.1.3 - same homepage.. pid.gamecopyworld.com

happy christmas

fixes, updates and possibly the lite version (had no time) coming very early new year..
                            Last edited by Blazkowicz; 26.12.2008, 04:35.

Comment

Fixed your link to a working one and thanks for a new fnal version.
                              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

cheers, i was a little bit out of it when i typed it

Comment

Working...
                                X