Clear All

Thanks for this new version.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for this new version.

Comment

Thanks for 6.1.3 XMAS 2008 version.
          But the GUI mess up and I can not click the buttons on top right of protectionid.
          Anyone else meets that?

Comment

if the gui messed up, you can do a few things

1. launch protection id with safe mode (start it with the -safe parameter
            2. go into the configuration, select shortcut, enable the safe mode desktop shortcut, click apply, exit pid, and launch it again from the new desktop shortcut

(both options do essentially the same thing)

the buttons you are talking about are the autorun, magnetic, stayontop, minimize and exit ones (top right of window.. 5 buttons).. yes?
            Last edited by evlncrn8; 01.01.2009, 19:15.
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

the buttons you are talking about are the autorun, magnetic, stayontop, minimize and exit ones (top right of window.. 5 buttons).. yes?
              Yes.But even I start in safe mode.The problem still exist.
              BTW,2007 christmas version do not have this problem.

Comment

strange, you're the only person so far to report that, and the code for it didnt change between the 2 public versions..
                alternatively you could try deleting the protection id registry keys and see if that fixes it (it happening in safe mode is a bit strange though) (the key is in hklm\software\protectionid, it could also possibly be in hkcu\software\protectionid)

i'll try and reproduce this and see what i can do for the next build

Comment

Just tried clean registry.
                  Still no luck.
                  Below is screenshots after I clean registry and start with -safe mode.

Comment

heheh about 20 minutes ago i had the sudden idea 'hey, why not message that person on the dt forum and ask for a screenshot...'

seems my mind was read

i'll check into this, thanks for the screenshots

i might have some beta exe's for you to test if the problem is fixed, is it ok to pm you links to them as/when they're ready?

couple of extra questions :

1. are you using any themes etc? (apart from the strange font)
                    2. are you using anything like windowblinds etc?
                    3. have you changed the dpi of the system to anything that isn't 'normal' (96 dpi) ?

it seems every window is being screwed location wise, pretty bad actually, i've definately not seen something like this before

Comment

heheh about 20 minutes ago i had the sudden idea 'hey, why not message that person on the dt forum and ask for a screenshot...'

seems my mind was read
                      hehe,Maybe.

i might have some beta exe's for you to test if the problem is fixed, is it ok to pm you links to them as/when they're ready?
                      Of course OK.

couple of extra questions :

1. are you using any themes etc? (apart from the strange font)
                      2. are you using anything like windowblinds etc?
                      3. have you changed the dpi of the system to anything that isn't 'normal' (96 dpi) ?
                      1.Yes,areao4.2 based mod.Only changed font to tahoma 8 by myself.
                      2.No,just patched uxtheme.dll.
                      3.Yes,it is normal:96dpi.

it seems every window is being screwed location wise, pretty bad actually, i've definately not seen something like this before
                      I found my windows xp corrupt and it cost me about 1day to reinstall my OS and recover software.
                      Luckily I found the problem still exists.
                      Cheer I can still reproduce it.hehehe.
                      PS:I thought what I can say if I can not reproduce that.

Comment

hmm okay, logical question next then ...

if you don't use this modified uxtheme / areao4.2 based mod does the problem go away?

(working on the code for the resizing stuff at the moment to try and fix this, but if the problem comes from that modded dll then it really should be fixed, and not protection id)

Comment

seems that you are right.
                          Caused by patched uxtheme.dll.
                          Hope for a fix.Thank you.

Comment

only way i could fix it would be if you send me this patched uxtheme.dll (which is a bit 'out of scope' development wise), however the problem is the fact that the dll is patched (and probably badly, because of the outcome), the problem is in the patch, not in pid (clearly this is evident because if you dont use the modified uxtheme.dll then the problem doesnt happen)

Comment

Umm,as I donot have your email.
                              So I just sent it to protectionid@hotmail.com.
                              Hope that is right.

Comment

yup, cdkiller will get it (he handles that email account), so i'll get it when he checks his mail... then i'll let you know.. though to be honest, the problem is in the modified dll (i suspect some registers or some structures get trashed, which in turn mess up window locations) and i suspect that the problem would also happen in some other exe's / programs out there, if its an easy fix i can tell you what you will need to patch in the dll, but if its not possible or easy then im afraid things will stay as they are

Comment

Working...
                                X