Age of Empires III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Empires III

I think I posted it wrong yesterday, so I will post it here agian (please move it when it is placed wrong.)

I want to play Age of Empires III without CD, I heard you can do it with DEAMON Tools so I download it from the home page. I tryed to mount the full CD but that cann't. I did a little research on the web and I found you need to mount the splash.exe file now I did it but I don't get further then this.
    I also added 4 screenshots where you can see what file's are on the CD and my own computer. I also added the things I did when I mount the file splash.exe.
    This is a screen shot of the file's on me own computer.

This is a screen shot of the file's on the CD.

This is what I mount with DEAMON Tools.

This is what I get when I start it with DEAMON Tools without CD (I mount the file splash.exe to)

When you start AOE III without CD and with out DEAMON Tools look here: Click here for the picture (I can't add more then 5 image's.)
    Already thanks for the person that wanna help me!

You need to create image using DT Pro,CloneCD,Alcohol or something else that can handle SafeDisc and mount this image.

Comment

How in the world did you manage to get DTools to let you mount an exe file?

Comment

It's very easy Jito463. Just select at extension all files and select an exe file.

Note this is not a bug, this is intended.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Oke thanks!
          I will download Alchol 120 %.

Comment

Hmm, just tried it and it works. Kinda strange that DT complains when trying to mount an invalid or corrupted image, but it lets you mount an exe without any warnings.

Comment

Originally Posted by Reef View Post
              Kinda strange that DT complains when trying to mount an invalid or corrupted image, but it lets you mount an exe without any warnings.
              When "structure" isn't defined by some descriptor DT mounts every file (if not too small). Sort of an overqualified hex viewer
              Or for example some maybe more practicable task: you can check what happens to data when scrambled (e.g. in Alcohol's Sector Viewer); that way i made some noob experiments with weak patterns some time ago.
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I copyied the CD on my comp now you need to reinstall AOE III?

Comment

Working...
                X