Adware installed and homepage changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adware installed and homepage changed

Deamon Tools is a really neat program and when a message popped up today saying a new version was available I off course downloaded and intalled it.
    Sadly the programmers have now included adware which is installed wheter you like it or not. They also changed my homepage during the installation.

I am very disappointed.
    Laurenz

You can unselect the adware during installation.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by laurenz View Post
      Deamon Tools is a really neat program and when a message popped up today saying a new version was available I off course downloaded and intalled it.
      Sadly the programmers have now included adware which is installed wheter you like it or not. They also changed my homepage during the installation.
      I am very disappointed.
      Laurenz
      It is still possible to choose not to install any adware, as it has always been since they first started to bundle adware.

Regarding your start page, you received a question during installation asking whether you would "Accept" or "Decline" that the installation changed your browser's start page to daemon-search.com. You have apparently accepted that.

Anyway, no matter what you have chosen during setup, the adware can be easily removed afterwards, and you can simply change back your default homepage.
      Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X