Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found something quite funny - Copy Protection Related.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by muffinhead View Post
    So I relied on copybase which I thought was a legit website for this information...
    We are a legit site ...and we're human and make mistakes (in this case somehow embarassing as that mistake has been reported a long time ago in our forums). Our bad, sorry.

I see nothing wrong with this thread, neither has anyone else. You are the only one so far that had to be negative about it.
    Yeah, some like it hard without need
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      We are a legit site ...and we're human and make mistakes (in this case somehow embarassing as that mistake has been reported a long time ago in our forums). Our bad, sorry.

Yeah, some like it hard without need
      Ok, I wasn't trying to start any trouble. I didn't realize it was a mistake at first which is why I relied on it.

Now on to the problem as mentioned before. I finally got my copy of Halo 2 to back up after 6 hours of dumping it in Alcohol even without DPM selected.

If I try to dump the DPM it just flat out fails to extract the DPM in Alcohol 52% FE latest version.

The disc is fine to my knowledge and only has a few minor scratches. I've tried wiping it off to see if it was dirty which might of been causing a problem. However even after wiping the disc of with a soft cloth, it didn't make a difference. It still took about 6 hours to dump a working image of Halo 2.
      Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
      Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

@muffinhead
        Have you tried creating an image with another app, yet (or copying files in Explorer) ?
        Can you test in another drive ?

P.S.: just in case it sounded/looked like that (as you may have noticed english
        isn't my native language ): i didn't criticize you
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
          @muffinhead
          Have you tried creating an image with another app, yet (or copying files in Explorer) ?
          Can you test in another drive ?

P.S.: just in case it sounded/looked like that (as you may have noticed english
          isn't my native language ): i didn't criticize you
          I'll try seeing if I can extract an image quicker with a trial of Blindwrite and then I'll let you know. I haven't tried copying the files in explorer yet.

Also no problem, I'm not used to conversing with anyone overseas from me so I'm sorry for the misinterpretation.
          Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
          Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

about safedisc 2.9 :

In 2004 safedisc 3 or 4 didn't exist, they might started to create lot's of CD copy of halo2, but they never send these copies on the market until today...

Comment

well, shortly after april 2004 safedisc 3 arrived, so yup, you're right about there being no 3/4 at that time.. and i already mentioned it probably sitting in a storeroom for a while....
              my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Safedisc 3 was introduced in Oct(?) 2003, Safedisc 4 in Oct 2004.

How time flies
                Last edited by Terramex; 16.01.2008, 02:40.

Comment

Well I was trying to make a backup of my copy of Halo 2 with DPM and everytime extracting the DPM failed.
                  Completely unaware I went and checked Copybase.org only to find out Halo 2 doesn't need DPM since it's protected by measly Safedisc 2.9.
                  Does anyone else find anything weird with this? As big of Anti-Piracy as Microsoft is I would have though[t] they would have used a stronger copy protection, but safedisc 2.9?
                  Why not Safedisc 3.xx or 4.xx or Securom?
                  Knowing how big Microsoft is on WGA I would have at least expected a stronger copy protection for their baby Halo 2.
                  I think I found out why Microsoft isn't trying to trip-up Daemon Tools:
                  http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/offline.aspx

Comment

we work together with Microsoft since years. Microsoft per-se
                    is not good nor bad, it is a company, and as in every other
                    company there work people with different opinions. Some of
                    them dont like to become a disc-jokey, too

Comment

Working...
                    X