X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crysis tried all i can

hi everybody,

i've read quiet alot since yesterday night trying to get crysis to work without a dvd. Anyhow i've got the version of cyrsis that comes free with evga 8800gts, i am running windows vista business 64 bit.

i've done the following.

1. burned the image with nero express essentials as an .nrg, i can't specify .iso for some reason.
    2. downloaded and installed daemon4112-lite.
    3. downloaded and installed YASU_1-4-7080, followed the instructions in the readme file.
    4. started yasu. as can be its working.

5. mounted the .nrg cyrsis file.
    6. then i get the following, please insert the original cyrsis dvd not the back (1000).

Really annoying that i can play it with the original dvd but not with an iso, i can't be asked getting up and putting in the dvd everytime i want to play a game and i could waste the dvd any time so i dont want to purchase it again.

thanks so much for the help

iso, nrg won't work - such image file formats don't contain required protection data. You have to use a software creating appropriate image files (e.g. Daemon Tools Pro).
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Yup as Copytrooper said, iso and nrg don't contain copy protection data therefore those formats won't work.

Programs like Alcohol, Blindwrite, CloneCD and Daemon Tools Pro are a must if you want to make a backup of copy protected CD/DVD games.

You'll have to remake your image with either of the programs mentioned above using DPM.

If you can't afford to purchase a license for these, you can use the free edition of Alcohol 52% or Daemon Tools Pro Basic Edition to create your images.
      Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
      Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

is there a discount for students for Daemon Tools Pro

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
          You have to use a software creating appropriate image files (e.g. Daemon Tools Pro).

what file formats do the images need to be in to have the right copy protection data?

Comment

mdf / mds - Daemon Tools Pro or Alcohol 120% / 52%
            b6t / b6i - Blindwrite
            Last edited by FordPrefect; 29.02.2008, 14:27.

Comment

Working...
            X