How to make Crysis mini image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@SuppA-SnipA
    Normal precision isn't enough for Securom.

@voodoo89
    Depending on your language version one of the attached MDS files might work for you.
    If not then please upload your original "DPM-less" MDS file.
    I will inject the DPM information of another version into your file as all versions mostly share the same data positions.
    Attached Files
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      @SuppA-SnipA
      Normal precision isn't enough for Securom.
      @voodoo89
      Depending on your language version one of the attached MDS files might work for you.
      If not then please upload your original "DPM-less" MDS file.
      I will inject the DPM information of another version into your file as all versions mostly share the same data positions.
      just giving suggestions
      could be his drive not being up for the job...
      but this tutorial is meant for all versions of the game
      i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

Originally Posted by SuppA-SnipA View Post
        just giving suggestions
        So do i :wink:
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial SuppA-SnipA, worked perfectly

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
            So do i :wink:
            awesome
            Pyr0- my pleasure
            watch out for me when Crysis 2 hits the shelves
            i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

Helo,
              Just wanted to say that I tried the method suggested by SuppA-SnipA exactly but it didnt work for me. I did burn with Securom, High DPM Precesion and DPM measuring speed of 1.x speed only, and still it didnt work .

My version is the Indian English Edition which is nothing but a carbon copy of the US Retail English only Edition.

My original .mds file size was 51.9 k. But it didnt work. However when I tried the 12 Kb .mds file provided by Terramex, it worked ! Thanks very very much Terramex.

Comment

I am still testing. One thing though is that the first time I try to oad the image in Daemon Tools lite, yes after hiding securom checks with YASU, it times out and when I retry, the game loads. Why is that ?

Anyway I will soon start with the steps for making the mini image as suggestde by SuppA-SnipA. Let's see what happens.

Comment

Also SuppA-SnippA, care to share your .mds file mate ? I would like to give that a go

Comment

by carbon copy are u stating that ur are NOT using a legit store bought disc?
                    i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

First, thank you Suppa-SnipA for writing this guide and thank you Terramex for your 12kb mds file.

Now, I followed this tutorial exactly and couldn't get it to work at the step "e. Try to load the game, if it works, perfect, we can proceed to making the mini image." .

I have the latest Alcohol, Daemon Tools and YASU. I also have the Special Edition of Crysis (it's legit, before anyone blames the disc for my problems).

I made the full dvd image using 24x read like Suppa-SnipA did on my Lite-On. The mds file has exactly the same size as Suppa stated, 51.9kb.
                      Then the guide says
                      "4. Test the game if you can launch it without your disc in the drive, but with the image instead."
                      I did this and NO, the game asks for original DVD. I don't think it's able to run w/o the original DVD at this point anyway.

Then I did the whole YASU thing and got to this point.
                      "e. Try to load the game, if it works, perfect, we can proceed to making the mini image."
                      I did this and still NO, the game asks me to insert the game disc. I then deleted my mds file and replaced it with Terramex's 12kb mds file (Terramex's 51kb mds file doesn't work either). Cloak with YASU and then load up the game, IT RUNS w/o any problem.

I have a few questions.
                      If I can get the game to run with the full image, why do still need to make a mini-image?
                      Why didn't my full image mds file didn't work??
                      Can I still proceed to make the mini-image even if my full mds didn't work???
                      Terramex can you tell me how you made your 12kb mds file please? Is it from the mini-image??

Comment

Originally Posted by emu1t View Post
                        If I can get the game to run with the full image, why do still need to make a mini-image?
                        Only reason is to save disc space.
                        Why didn't my full image mds file work??
                        Your drives' DPM capability isn't good enough or you have to try different DPM speeds.
                        Can I still proceed to make the mini-image even if my full mds didn't work???
                        No.
                        Terramex can you tell me how you made your 12kb mds file please?
                        Alcohol 120% or DT Pro, don't remember.
                        Is it from the mini-image??
                        The mds files of full and mini images normally don't differ in size. Mine is 12 KB because i cut the unneeded part
                        of it afterwards (little quirk of mine :wink: ). Originally it was 51 KB, too.

Comment

bah, i keep forgetting to check this thread for updates
                          thanks to Terramex for helping out

you always need to load YASU and cloak ur drive, full image or mini

Q 1 - saves space
                          Q 2 - either like Terramex said, or u didnt load YASU and cloak
                          Q 3 - no, thats why we tested to see if your game loaded when we finished the full dvd9 dump, if it would have worked, proceed to make the mini, if it didnt work, try again...
                          i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

So how do I decide what is the correct reading speed for the DPM thing. Is it just trial and error? If so, what speed is a good starting point? like, since my 24x didn't work. should I go down to 6x? 10x? 12x? ...?

Comment

Is it just trial and error?
                              Basically, yes. With Lite-On drives and SecuRom DVDs, i always use 4x, hasn't failed me so far (not that i keep books on that...)

Comment

i have a samsung sh 182m, worked with 24X
                                i'd try with a LiteON, but my other pc's is dead, only reads cds
                                i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

Working...
                                X