• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make Crysis mini image

How to make a mini image of Crysis
    Protection used Securom 7.34.0014
    Version of game I have 1.1
    Tools needed Alcohol 120%, Y.A.S.U., Daemon Tools Lite (the free ed.), A LEGIT copy of Crysis

FOLLOW EVERYTHING STEP BY STEP, AND YOU'LL BE OK
    NOW WE WILL MAKE A FULL DVD9 (game is really 5.46GBs) BACKUP OF THE GAME, WHY? WE NEED THE MDS FILE. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF SPACE ON YOUR HDDS!!!

1. Insert dvd into your drive and cancel autorun
    2. Launch Alcohol120%
    3. Start image making wizard
    a. Use Securom Profile
    b. Check Data Position Measurement, leave Precision at High

c. Choose where to save the image (mdf and mds)
    d. A dialog will come up at what speed to read for DPM, I used 24X, but this could vary for you, depending on your drive quality. It is a long process on some drives just to get the DPM.
    e. Go to the location where your image is saved, look at your mds file, should be around 50kb. Mine was 51.9kb
    4. Test the game if you can launch it without your disc in the drive, but with the image instead.
    a. Download Y.A.S.U.
    b. Copy the .exe to the Daemon Tools Dir,
    c. Load the yasu.exe, click Cloak, DONT QUIT THE APP
    d. Load Daemon Tools, mount Crysis image (mds)
    e. Try to load the game, if it works, perfect, we can proceed to making the mini image.

NOW WE MAKE THE MINI IMAGE / SHORT DUMP (because we wont run Alcohol long)

5. Reload Alcohol 120%
    a. Start image making wizard
    b. Click Skip Read Errors and Advance sector scanning, DO NOT HAVE DATA POSITION MEAUSREMENT CHECKED, its not needed and will only consume time.

c. Click next, save the image somewhere other than the last time
    d. Run Alcohol for a VERY short time, until the percentage says around 0.1 or 0.2, by now your image is already around 10mbs or so, then cancel it fast, before it saves more data (not a problem, but the point is to keep the image small)

when it asks to cancel, click yes, when it asks to delete files, click no
    e. Go to the dir where you saved the images from this process, notice the mds file is around 8kb, its not good!
    f. Overwrite the .mds from the full dvd9 dump with this one
    6. Now you should have 2 files, and mdf and an mds, mds ranging around 50kb or a bit higher, and mdf, around 10mb? Depending how long you ran Alcohol 120 in the short dump process.
    7. PLAY CRYSIS WITHOUT A DISC, KILL THOSE ALIENS, SAVE MAN KIND

PROPER AND IMPROPER IMAGES

SIDE NOTES YOU MUST HAVE YASU RUNNING TO PLAY THE GAME, THIS WORKS WITH DAEMON TOOLS 4.11.2, I USED THE RIG IN MY SIG TO TEST THIS, AND MY CRYSIS WAS PATCHED TO V 1.1
    Tested with DVD BURNER SAMSUNG SH 182M WITH RPC1 FIRMWARE, and ASUS DRW-1608P2 STOCK FW
    i am SuppA-SnipA

Thx for this, this will help some people
    You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
    sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

anytime
      in a nutshell its almost a basic safedisc style rip
      i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

confirmed that my method works with Daemon Tools Lite 4.12 SPTD 1.55
        i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

When I created the MDS file in Alcohol 120% and mount it susing Daemon Tools lite 4.12 And then launch Crysis from omy install, it asks for the Crysis disk.

If I exit daemon tools and then launch YASU, click cloak and then load Daemon Tools with Crysis mounted, then launch Crysis from my install, it tells me to use the original Crysis disk and not the backup.

Any ideas?

Dave

Comment

hmmm, i am interested, so what is ur Crysis edition , Special Edition multi5 language ? thx for ur pretty TUT !

Comment

i have the special edition, in canada
              i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

Originally Posted by dcadler View Post
                When I created the MDS file in Alcohol 120% and mount it susing Daemon Tools lite 4.12 And then launch Crysis from omy install, it asks for the Crysis disk.
                If I exit daemon tools and then launch YASU, click cloak and then load Daemon Tools with Crysis mounted, then launch Crysis from my install, it tells me to use the original Crysis disk and not the backup.
                Any ideas?
                Dave
                i think ur .mds file is too small, around 8kb? should be around 50kb, re read the tutorial, if that doesn't work, try a slower DPM speed
                i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

hmmm, do u have only 2 languages in ur Special Edition (presume from the size of ur MDF)

Comment

Suppa,

I didn't get to the mini part of the instructions since it didn't pass the first part where I was to verify that the full 5.7gb file would run without the CD. It did not, as I mentioned in my post.

I do not have a special edition, just a plain old PC-DVD. My install is patched to v1.1

Now, I did my game install using the actual DVD, not the ISO virtual DVD. I installed the game before I decided to try to create a virtual DVD. Does that matter?

Dave

Comment

Originally Posted by hugeimg View Post
                      hmmm, do u have only 2 languages in ur Special Edition (presume from the size of ur MDF)
                      as far as i know, only english

dcadler: try a lower dpm speed, but leave precision at high
                      i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

your drive quality can matter too, so take that into consideration, and if your ripping from a burnt copy, i dont believe that will work
                        i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

i can not edit, so i must tell everyone, use the latest Alcohol 120% version 1.9.7.6022, people may be using older versions, that could cause problems, update and try again
                          i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

I keep getting an error: "Cannot get the right DPM info from the disk with current device" I tried different speeds, from maximum (which set it at like 49.5x or something) to 4x, but I keep getting the error. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally Posted by voodoo89 View Post
                              I keep getting an error: "Cannot get the right DPM info from the disk with current device" I tried different speeds, from maximum (which set it at like 49.5x or something) to 4x, but I keep getting the error. Any ideas?
                              your drive may not be able to handle it DPM's?
                              try at 24 X and leave precision at high, if not, give it a shot with normal, like i've said, this may vary with drive build quality, is it a legit disc? as i also have no idea what errors you would get with a copied disc, nor do i want to know (this is for legit purposes, and im not bashing you or anything)
                              i am SuppA-SnipA

Comment

Working...
                              X