This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is an error in phrase 4283.
    It says:"...If you have inactived instances slots in your license you can just reactivete using one..."

Comment

• Yes, thank you, it is already known along with some other grammer/typos and should be fixed soon.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

• 4235 License validation is failed. After some time you will not be able to use %s.
        Should be "License validation has failed."

4238 Please connect to the Internet or contact us for technical support if you do have Internet connection on your computer and you still see this message.
        Should be "Please connect to the Internet or contact us for technical support if you do have an internet connection on your computer and you still see this message."

Comment

• Thank you, should be changed soon

EDIT: @oder2
          QA is checking this, so they will do the right thing.
          Last edited by Blazkowicz; 26.11.2009, 14:02.
          Peace Through Power

Comment

• Originally Posted by ShEsHy View Post
            4238 Please connect to the Internet or contact us for technical support if you do have Internet connection on your computer and you still see this message.
            Should be "Please connect to the Internet or contact us for technical support if you do have an internet connection on your computer and you still see this message."
            I would suggest to refrain from such corrections if you are not a native English speaker. As to my opinion, the necessity of "an" before "Internet" is quite questionable. Internet is not a countable item. It is not an object at all.

There are lots of mistakes in English strings but let yourself make sure your translation does not have those. And English will be ironed out by English speakers.

Comment

• A few details for this please ?

5431 Converted Name

Comment

• It is converted name of a file/folder. It should be converted to 8+3 format when you use ISO9660 file system.

Comment

• Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
                  I would suggest to refrain from such corrections if you are not a native English speaker. As to my opinion, the necessity of "an" before "Internet" is quite questionable. Internet is not a countable item. It is not an object at all.

There are lots of mistakes in English strings but let yourself make sure your translation does not have those. And English will be ironed out by English speakers.
                  Thanks for your concern, but I'm actually better at English than my native language (don't ask me why, wouldn't know the answer to that).
                  You are correct, "an" isn't normally needed before "internet", but the string in question is in regards to a "connection", so there has to be an "an" before the "internet connection" (ie. there is no need for "a" or "an" in "I surf the internet", but there is in "I have established an internet connection").

Native English speakers are not always better at grammar and/or pronounciation than non-native ones. In fact, non-native English speakers tend to focus more while putting together a sentence to make sure it's correctly formed than native English speakers (at least the ones that want their sentence to be understood).

Comment

• A few details please for Daemon-Search.com translation this time

61 Location of words
                    64 Page modified

Comment

• Originally Posted by ShEsHy View Post
                      You are correct, "an" isn't normally needed before "internet", but the string in question is in regards to a "connection", so there has to be an "an" before the "internet connection" (ie. there is no need for "a" or "an" in "I surf the internet", but there is in "I have established an internet connection").
                      You are wrong because the program requires not a particular Internet connection or several of them but rather an availability of connection in general, as a phenomenon. And that meaning should not be prepended with "an".

Comment

• New and changed strings available.
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

• Originally Posted by jdaniel View Post
                          A few details please for Daemon-Search.com translation this time

61 Location of words
                          64 Page modified
                          anybody ? somebody ? nobody ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jdaniel View Post
                            anybody ? somebody ? nobody ?
                            sorry but what is the problem?
                            where are these strings?
                            ...not my specific field but since there seems to be a 'translator in distress'...

Ludwig
                            Last edited by Ludwig99; 11.12.2009, 17:15.

Comment

• I do not translate daemon-search.com, but I would guess that usually such phrases are the label captions for advanced search form fields.

Comment

• Hi,

I'm not sure, but I have translated them using these meanings:

Location of words --> Option to find the position of a word in the text
                                Page modified --> The page has been modified

Comment

Working...
                                X