Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Showing results 251 to 260 of 389

Thread: Changelogs for ENU.dll

Master

Ok, you are official translator, so you are entitled to translate strings to Ukrainian as you please. I just want to inform you that 'Lead-out' is currently "translated" to Russian as 'Lead-out'. Concerning translation, it seems to me 'Закрытие сессии' is more correct than 'Конечная зона'.

UKRAINIAN TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

As for "Закрытие сессии", it could be quite fine but there is also one subtle moment about it. The phrase "Закрытие сессии" is interpreted by a reader rather as an action than as an event. And as far as I know, the track is saved the way that first some 20 Mb is reserved for Lead-in, then the data track is written and then Lead-in and Lead-out are both saved after it's done with the data itself. This way it would look as if the data is first saved and then both "Открытие сессии" и "Закрытие сессии" is done and that could be quite confusing for a user. So, I would like to avoid verb-based phrases in translation so that it looked just as a sequence of events which do not bear any time ordered relations in user's mind.

Master

You're right, but the string under diskussion is used only in Device Info dialog. It is a number of sectors used for session closing. So "Закрытие сессии" could not be interpreted by user as an action.

Hm... That's a completely different thing.
    OK, changed to "Кінець сесії" (Session end). Thanks.

Actually, all the possible variants: "Кінець сесії", "Закриття сесії", "Завершення сесії" sound unnatural with number of sectors to me.
    Last edited by oder2 : 13.07.2009 at 17:35

By the way, would not it be better to automatically account all the translators as beta-team so that we could preview and correct our strings in new interface before it's released?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
    Actually, all the possible variants: "Кінець сесії", "Закриття сесії", "Завершення сесії" sound unnatural with number of sectors to me.
    That's why I suggested to you to leave the string as is
    Quote Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
    By the way, would not it be better to automatically account all the translators as beta-team so that we could preview and correct our strings in new interface before it's released?
    It's a good idea as for me. We will make a decision on this problem soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sway View Post
    That's why I suggested to you to leave the string as is
    No, my translation is much better (in general) than the Russian one. :-P And translating "Lead-In/Lead-Out" is better than leaving them as is. Nobody objects that I translate the word "Track". So, "Lead-In/Lead-Out" are the terms of the same nature and the same level as "Data track".

Master

oder2, thanks for your great job Carry on!

BRAZILIAN TRANSLATOR OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

Hi,

%s is a variable where a string will be placed.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by ssdoria View Post
    Hi,

%s is a variable where a string will be placed.
    %s, %d and other contain some untranslatable variable data (product name, error number, etc).

E.g. [Trial period: %d day(s) left] can be used as [Trial period: 1 day(s) left], [Trial period: 2 day(s) left], [Trial period: 3 day(s) left], etc.

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast