This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

What is the meaning of "Image ∧ Text" or what is its context?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tanatos View Post
      Hi,

What is the meaning of "Image ∧ Text" or what is its context?
      I think it is in the context of toolbar buttons; icon and text.
      Imagination is more important than knowledge. --Albert Einstein

Comment

• There are some changes and new strings.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

• New strings and changes are available.
          Peace Through Power

Comment

• Thanks Blazkowicz, I've already translated them.

Comment

• It seems new strings need to be translated. I already did them, so translators, there is a small job for you.

Comment

• Thanks for the tip! I did mine, too.
                I hope the Finnish translation, which is already completed, is soon available for Finnish users - in the next DT-update, I guess.

Ludwig

Comment

• It should Ludwig
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

• Do you have any thoughts on the string "Error verification" (ID 4449)? I have temporarily translated it as a quite direct translation of the English phrase, but I'm a bit unsure of this string's context. What does it mean, and in what context (image creation, disc burning, or perhaps something different?)?
                    Last edited by mastermind; 02.09.2008, 18:49.

Comment

• It should be the error, when Verify option wasn't successful.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

• Wow, in that case I got it totally wrong. I'm glad I asked then Thanks.

Comment

• The rest wouldn't be logical in my opinion

BTW "Start Verification" should be stated in log, that DT Pro started the verification
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

• Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                            It should Ludwig
                            That is nice to hear, great!

Ludwig

Comment

• Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                              The rest wouldn't be logical in my opinion

BTW "Start Verification" should be stated in log, that DT Pro started the verification
                              I assumed it to be so, taken into consideration the similar strings like "Start burning" (Astroburn). But thanks a lot for your clarifications. They are always useful and much appreciated. That way, we can ensure a high quality translation before having actually seen the strings in their respective contexts. I must be honest; not all the strings have very intuitive meaning, and some can perhaps even be a bit misleading.

"Start Verification", "Start burning", etc.:
                              I believe a more correct phrasing would be "Starting verification", "Starting verification process" or simply "Verification started". But to a developer, it sometimes makes sense to think of start/stop checkpoints for a procedure. E.g. "Verification START", "Verification STOP". Makes sense to the developer in a debug output, but to the end user this is not always very intuitive or attractive In my opinion, the messages/strings shown to the end user should (where possible) be in a natural, flowing and user-friendly language, not just brief head words.

That said, many strings that previously were a bit misleading or ambiguous, have been promptly corrected and improved afterwards. I'm delighted to see that suggestions are being taken seriously, and that the overall user-friendliness is constantly getting better and better.

Comment

• Finally I've translated any strings of dt pro and disc-soft page

Comment

Working...
                                X