That f***ing search bar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That f***ing search bar...

Hi. I'm new here and I'm NOT happy with program.

I have Windows Vista Ultimate and have Daemon Tools in this system since the 4.11.2 version, though I'm familiar with much older versions of the program, which I used when I had Windows XP.

Anyway, ever since I first installed Daemon Tools in my current system, despite choosing NOT to install anything other than the core files, I had this f***ing DAEMON Search bar impregnating my IE, and I just can't get rid of it.

I've read these forums throughly on this matter and, although many users had the same problem as me and were given advice on how to solve it, none has worked for me.

There is no option to delete the search bar via the Control Panel, and I can't find any "WhenU" folder to delete.

So, without further ado, how the f*** can I uninstall this godd*** bar once and for all?

I appreciate any help I can get, and I apologize for the agressive tune of my post, but I just can't help how ticked I am.

Meh... Nevermind. I figured out how to unistall it. Apparently, I DID choose, accidentaly, to install the search bar when I installed DAEMON Tools (I thought I did not because I didn't install neither the desktop or start menu shortcuts, nor that second item that I don't remember what it is) for the first time. After I removed everything, including the search bar, and installed again, this time with only the core files box marked, the bar wasn't installed. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I unistalled the bar via the IE, by accessing the Live Search menu and choosing Live Search as the default search tool and deleting DAEMON Search on the same menu. Is this a correct way of unistalling the bar? Will there be any files reminiscent from the bar's installation on my system?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I guess you are talking about AdVantage ad module?

Yes, after uninstallation of AdVantage there will be no files left on your PC

(this application is certified by TRUSTe as a Trusted Download.
      To learn more about this certification with TRUSTe, visit www.truste.org/tdp/whitelist )

P.S.
      Deleting "DAEMON Search" in list of default search providers in IE has no relation at all to AdVantage module.
      "DAEMON Search" search provider is simply a Web Search portal supported by DAEMON Tools team and we encourage our users to use it sometimes and therefore support a bit DT team :-)

Comment

Working...
      X