.img file won't mount on Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .img file won't mount on Vista

I'm using Vista, and I have been using DT 4.09 until like a week ago when I upgraded to the lite version (4.120). I tired to mount .img files on Daemon, and it didn't work. It says it's mounting, then it never loads it on the tray. I tried with different files, but it still won't work. So I got the newest version from this site and tried it again, and it's still not working. Other file types work just fine. Does anybody know why?

mounting from local drive or network?
    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Does this happen to .img files only, i.e. iso, mds/mdf etc. mount ok?
      Is there drive letter assigned to the virtual device? If not, check this thread:
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I don't understand what you mean by network, but I tried mounting from both my C:\ and my external HDD.

Comment

It only happens to .img files. I think my DT has a drive letter of E:\, and I tried to mount it from both my local drive (C:\) and the external HDD I have. I also tried from my desktop and C:\ folder.

Comment

i meant shared drives as network.. ie: not mounting from local drives, or drives physically attached on the pc...

if it only happens on img files, i wouldnt worry, just convert img->iso should do the job.. img files (and iso files) are crap for protection information ... so if your disks are copyprotected and you make an iso/img from them its useless...
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

I heard from other people in my community that .img files are quite a problem for DT. evlncrn8 - If you don't mind, would you recommend me a program for converting that? Thanks.

Comment

You don't need a program to convert them, just rename them to ISO.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Comment

Actually, I'm still having a problem with mounting after converting .img into .iso. It still won't mount... Does that happen often? Or are there other ways to solve this problem?

Comment

Sounds like a bad image. How did you make it, and/or what is it an image of?

Comment

I downloaded from a person's blog I know, and it works fine for other people. It's a game cd, and everything except mounting the image to run the game is working.

Comment

Originally Posted by 0choi0 View Post
                          I downloaded from a person's blog I know, and it works fine for other people. It's a game cd, and everything except mounting the image to run the game is working.
                          Allow me to explain why you won't get any help with a game you downloaded.

A) If it's a commercial game, that's called warez. And you wont' get any help from here. And might I suggest reading the rules if you have not done so already.

B) If it's a homebrew game for some old system, you still won't get any help because we don't know how the image was created, nor can you possibly recreate the image yourself.

Either way you cut it, you're on your own.

Comment

What is the name of the game?
                            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

0choi0 - banned for 7 days

Possible warez images discussions can not be tolerated!

Comment

Working...
                              X